Help interpreting hat pattern please

Hi,
Could anyone please tell me which bit to repeat 9 times? I think there may be a bracket missing but I’ll type it below exactly as it’s written:

K2, P1, M1 [(K1, P1) twice, K1, M1, (P1, K1) twice, P1, M1) 9 times, (K1, P1) twice, K1, M1, (P1, K1) twice

Should that square bracket be there at all?

Any help gratefully received - I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew!

First of all… can we have a link and pattern name if possible? All patterns are different.

Without seeing the pattern it looks like you repeat the part in parenthesis twice. It looks like either they or you missed an open parenthesis on the P1, M1) 9 times. So this is the way I see it, but a pattern will be helpful. Once I can see the pattern I can re-access.

Hi,
here’s the link
http://knitted-patterns.com/knitting-for-women/4167-womens-beanie-knitting-pattern-free

Thanks

Unfortunately the pattern either isn’t on Ravelry or I can’t find it. That’s usually the best place to find what others have said, errata, etc.

All I can suggest is what I said in my previous post. Just do each thing in parenthesis the number of times it says. There is that one place where it doesn’t have a parenthesis, but I think that’s a typo. Also think the bracket is, but I’m not sure. Not sure who the designer is. I couldn’t find anything by looking up the yarn either.

It’s so frustrating when these mistakes happen. One thing that will work for 102sts is to replace the ) with ] immediately before the 9 times. Then the entire 10 stitch sequence within brackets is repeated 9 times.

K2, P1, M1 [(K1, P1) twice, K1, M1, (P1, K1) twice, P1, M1] 9 times, (K1, P1) twice, K1, M1, (P1, K1) twice

Thank you both for your help - I’ll let you know how I get on x