Help! Increase confusion

Hello, I’m looking for help understanding the pattern for a stuffed animals sweater. The pattern seems to be adding in stitches somewhere and I cant work out where they are missing from. My last point being the same as the pattern is at 39 stitches, then the next step there are 6 m1s which adds up to 45 but the book says I should have 47. So each increase row I am 2 more stitches away from what the book says I should have. I dont know if I should be just following the stitches as is and ignore the numbers or if I should be adding them in somewhere, I’ve tried drawing the pattern out to see if i can figure it out but it just gets confusing and I’ve looked online for errata but cant seem to find any. I’ve thrown in the picture so maybe one of you can figure out what is going wrong, thanks for any help you can give me!

Hello!!!

On Row 6 you will be doing 8 m1 increases. So that will add up to 47.

You do a m1 at the beginning, 6 more during the repeats and then 1 more at the end!!

Knitcindy

1 Like

Thanks a lot. So would you just recommend doing two more k1 m1s ?

What Row did u just finish??

Knitcindy

No, actually I would recommend going back and re-doing Row 6 correctly and then continuing on from there!!!

Knitcindy

1 Like

sorry, ive been busy trying to get organised for christmas that this has fallen on the back burner. i’ve took it out and started again a few times now and keep getting the same amount. from my understanding of the pattern on row 6 you begin with 39 stitches. p3, k1, m1(40) knit to marker, m1(41) k1, m1 x 3 (44) knit to last 4 m1(45). im still not sure how i’m meant to have 47 at some point. how would you do this pattern correctly?

Repeat the entire sequence of stitches in brackets 3x before going on to the last 4 sts:
p3, k1, m1 (40) [knit to marker, m1 k1, m1] x 3 (46) knit to last 4 m1(47)

1 Like

perfect! thanks so much

i totally see it now XD its amazing what your brain ignores that seems so obvious when someone points it out haha

1 Like