Help! I'm Clueless!

I’m knitting in the round my very 1st sweater and I will soon be coming to the point where I will have to put in sleeve holes and I don’t know how to do this. :shrug: Could someone please help me?

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

Can’t help without more information. Do you have a pattern link? What kind of sweater is it? If it’s pattern you bought then just type in the part you don’t understand (not the entire pattern).

Some sweaters have steeks and some are divided for the armholes. Your pattern should tell you what to do.

I’m not using a pattern. I know this is stupid but I just kind of jumped in and decided to do something of my own. I don’t know if pictures will help but here are a couple. I CO 136 sts and the back is in plain St st. Should I just :frog: and start again :shrug: Ingrid steeking is scary!

Nadja xxx

:passedout: Wow you’re brave! That is gorgeous! You could look at some other atterns that are similar and see how they handled the armholes.

Look at similar patterns, like Topsecret from knitty. When you get to the underarms, BO or leave the underarm stitches on a holded, then knit the sleeve, and do the same thing for the underarm stitches. Then knit across the back, take 1 sleeve and knit across its stitches, knit across the front, then the other sleeve. Now they’re all joined together on one needle. Decrease the yoke however you want.

sue

Thanks all :hug: I’ve got a book of various sweater styles that I will look at, I just have to find it in my mess of a work area. And thank you for the link suzeeq.

I’m not brave Jan, just ignorant of the implications of my actions sometimes.

Nadja xxx