Help identifying an unmarked yarn

I got an impressive stash from a woman my mother works with but unfortunately, almost none of it is marked. In some cases, it doesn’t really matter, but now I want to make a pair of socks from one of the finer yarns and I can’t tell if this is a safe move or not. I did the bleach test to see if it’s wool (it’s not) but I can’t tell if it’s lace or fingering. I don’t know enough about these finer yarns (I never really worked with them) to know if this yarn will hold up to being a sock, or if I should suck it up and make a shawl.
Help!? How do I make this determination? Is there a way to identify the yarn? Thanks for your time.

Welcome!
There’s a way of determining the weight of the yarn by doing wraps per inch.

You may have to knit with the yarn to determine if it will work for a sock. I don’t know any other way to tell.

It looks like lace weight to me

That looks to be the same size as my Deborah Norville Serenity Sock Weight yarn, except it says it’s a light fingering 3- ply yarn. I just made a pair of socks for my 5 yo using 2.25mm dpns and 2.75mm dpns. They worked great. Yours seems to be a 2-ply which may mean it is in fact a lace yarn.