Help! I need help w/a baby blanket!

I began a baby blanket for a new grandchild being born in Summer of 2008. I know, slow girl. Needless to say, it was my first blanket. I made alot of mistakes and I fixed alot and redid; alot. I’ve also had to put it down and start again quite a bit. It’s been about 6 weeks since I last knitted any of this project. I’m on the last 10 straight knit rows at the end. Do I need to do anything other than pick it up and just finish knitting at this point??

I remember reading somewhere that to avoid rows curling that have been left on the needle too long you need to do something like pull them out and reknit them, but I can’t remember where I saw this. By the way, my wonderful granddaughter is 17 months old! You know what they say. Slow and steady wins the race. I would appreciate any help you all could give.

Thanks,
Mary

It depends on what kind of yarn your using…but 6 weeks is absolutly nothing to worry about really.

In my opinion, I would just pick it up and finish it. :knitting:

Garter stitch doesn’t usually curl so you should be able to just start knitting. If it’s a border after a stitch that does curl like stockinette then you need to do at least 5 ridges (10 rows) or so, but it sounds like you’re doing that anyway.

The only thing you need to remember if you’re attaching a new skein of yarn is to start knitting on the side where you see the purl bumps. Look at both sides near the needle to see what I’m talking about. This is the correct side:

I remember reading somewhere that to avoid rows curling that have been left on the needle too long you need to do something like pull them out and reknit them, but I can’t remember where I saw this.

I’ve never heard of this and I certainly haven’t [I]done[/I] anything like this. If it was me I’d just keep knitting. Besides 6 weeks is not a long time anyway. :lol: I’ve left projects for years and come back to them with no problem.

I’m glad you are enjoying your granddaughter. You’ll soon have her blankie done too. :thumbsup:

You could take out a row or two and reknit them, but it will probably be okay and washing the blanket will even out the stitches.