Help! I don't understand part of my scoodie pattern!

Hello! I’m fairly new to knitting, and I think I’ve bit off more than I can chew with my current project. I am knitting my son this scoodie.

I have completed the 2 halves of the scarf and sewn them together, but I am lost on the hood section. When it says ‘sk ends of 26 rows’, are you picking up each if those stitches, or are you going to the 26th stitch and starting from there? I don’t understand why there are all of those instructions for one row and a ton of instructions for ‘row 2’. Could somebody please help me?

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
Basically, you’re going to pick up stitches on either side of the center seam. The pattern wants you to count out 26 rows, then begin picking up sts going towards the center seam. Pick up 20sts this way, then pick up and yarn over for 15 rows, crossing over the center seam and finally pick up 19sts.
It may help to mark the end of the 26rows and then fold along the center seam and mark the same point on the other side of the seam. That’ll ensure that you pick up sts evenly along the two sides of center.