Help! I did something wrong!

I’ve completed my first soaker from this pattern…but I must have done it wrong because the leg holes are way too tiny! :pout: I’m devastated…this is only my fourth finished project, and I was looking forward to this one and now I don’t think it can be fixed. :verysad:

See how small the leg openings are? They’re about an inch and a half in diameter. I did the SSK and K2tog decreases like in the instructions…what did I do wrong? Is there any way to fix it now that I’ve already grafted the seam?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Did you decrease on every other row? It looks like the leg holes in the pictures are longer, so maybe you did your decreases too quickly?

You can undo the graft and tear back to where the decreases started.

Oh no! I think I decreased on every row! Darnit! Oh this is awful…I was so proud of myself too, and thought for sure the pattern must have been a little off. How could I do that?! Argh! :wall:

I don’t even know how to start undoing and frogging…I’ve never done it before… :pout:

Frogging isn’t hard at all. It’s very popular, actually! :rofl:

I’d find the end where I wove in the end from the weaving and pick out those stitches one by one. As you get the front 12 stitches unwoven, slip a needle through each as they appear and then put them back on the holder. Then just unravel the yarn from the back up to where the decreases start. You should be able to slip your needle in without any problem. If you’re concerned, then just pull it out slowly on the last row you unravel and slip the needle in the stitches as they pop out one by one.

Don’t worry about getting them on the needle correctly the first time–just get them on. If some or all are twisted, you can fix them as you work across the first row.

I’m gonna do it! Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

:frog:

Frogging your first time is scary, but you can do it! Let us know how it goes!

Well everyone, just to keep you updated, I undid my grafting, and then placed those 12 stitches back on the stitch holder. Then I frogged like crazy all the way up to the 12 stitches, and then carefully put each and every stitch back on the needles.

That’s when I realized that my working yarn was coming off of my 12 stitches on the stitch holder! :wall: How that happened, I don’t know…but I didn’t know what to do so I took those 12 stitches off the stitch holder and started frogging more. I figured I’d just start knitting a couple more rounds and then put them on the stitch holder. But! I wasn’t thinking and only AFTER I frogged more, I realized that I didn’t know where the beginning of my round was!! :pout:

So I had to just guess and wing it. So now I’ve got 12 stitches on the stitch holder again, and I’m halfway done with my decreases. And this time, I’m decreasing every other row. :teehee:

I just hope it turns out alright even though it might not be exactly even because I lost track of where my round started. Do you guys think it’ll be ok?

I’ll post some pictures when I’m done. Thanks for all your help! :hug:

It should be fine. Better than a baby with purple legs! :teehee:

:rofl:

Very true!!