Help for Line Beattie

Hi!

I am posting this question for someone else. "Line Beattie"
sent this question via our webmail inbox…and I don’t know how to answer his/her question:

[COLOR=Navy]“Hello, I am knitting a Swatch Cap and I am not familiar with some of the stiches. The description I have for the 3-st RC is: Right Twist K2b over P. Can you explain this in detail for me. Also, does 3-st RT mean the same thing as 3-st RC, because they both have the same stitch key in the magazine my pattern is in. Also, does 8-st RPC mean: Sl 4 sts to cn and hold to back, k4, p4 from cn? And does 8-st LPC mean: Sl 4 sts to cn and hold to front, p4, k4 from cn? Thank you for your help, Line Beattie”

[COLOR=Black]We have such a wealth of talent within our membership…can anyone help her?

I will direct her to look here in the HOW TO QUESTIONS forum for answers.

Artlady[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

Well, I believe this is the cabling terminology seen with some Vogue Knitting patterns. (Check out Vogue Knitting: American Collection).

3-st RC: Sl 1 st to cn and hold to back, k2, k1 from cn.

If the stitch key is the same for 3-st RT as 3-st RC than I would think it is the same thing. However, it could also mean to:

Sl 1 st to cn and hold to back (of work), k2, p1 from cn.

Based on their 6-st RPC and 6-st LPC, the 8-st most likely is:

8-st RPC: Sl 4 sts to cn and hold to back, k4, p4 from cn.
8-st LPC: Sl 4 sts to cn and hold to front, p4, k4 from cn.

Here are the two pages I based my answers on.

http://www.vogueknitting.com/node/88
http://www.vogueknitting.com/node/452

If you don’t mind me asking, what magazine did you find this “Swatch Cap” pattern in.
Katrina

Thanks Katrina! I emailed her a second ago and asked her which VOGUE KNITTING magazine is she using. I also alerted her to check this forum and read your very helpful reply. It was so generous and kind of you to supply the research links! Thanks again!

Artlady

:muah:

Line Beattie’s VOGUE magazine is the 1999 Fall Issue.

I received this latest message from Line. She is very grateful for your help Katrina, as the message explains! Way to go Team!

[COLOR=Navy]Hello Artlady,
>
> I just read the answer the HOW TO QUESTIONS and I would very much like to
> thank Katrina (I believe this is the person who wrote the answer). Her
> explanation is very clear and the two websites she gave me are exactly
> what
> I needed. I am really impressed because I’ve asked this question on
> another
> website and also to a knitting store without success. You are the first
> person who has actually helped me. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! And Artlady,
> please forward my thanks to Katrina.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Line Beattie[/COLOR]

Hi, ArtLady:
Let Line Beattie know I was glad to help. I’m just happy for her that my explanation was of some use. Sometimes I don’t know if my explanations make sense. :rofl:
Katrina