HELP ! Float by Kim Hargreaves pattern

Hello
I just started the “Float” pattern and I am so confused ! I do not understand how to start the decreases…

Looks like others have had questions about this pattern, however, none of it makes sense to me [yet]

Thanks in advance for help …

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
Lovely looking cape. Can you quote a couple of the lines that are confusing (not the whole pattern as that can cause copyright problems) and tell us what the problem is?

someone did type it out (years ago) but I just don’t know how to “count” the rows to do the decreases…

[COLOR=“SeaGreen”]Row 1: K2tog, K to last 2 sts, K2tog (81 sts)
Row 2: P1, yrn, P2 then lift the yrn over the last 2 sts and off right needle, P2 to end
Row 3: Knit
Row 4: P1, *P2, yrn, P2, lift yrn over the last 2 sts and off right needle, rep from * to last 4 sts , P4

These 4 rows for patt and start shaping (row 1) Please only dec as pattern instructs in the following.

Keeping patt correct, dec 1 st at each end of 3rd and every foll 6th row to 73 sts,
then on every foll 4th row to 63 sts, then on foll 6 alt rows, then on foll 3 rows, ending with 45 sts."[/COLOR]

I just don’t understand --just continue the pattern ? How are these rows “counted” or rather “labeled”?

I would keep 2 counts, one of the pattern row 1-4 and one of the absolute row number starting from row 1 (81sts). I’d start the decreases on row 3 because that’ll put most dec on knit rows. In the subsequent rows there may not be a dec on a pattern row 1, so just knit across that row. Dec on rows 3,9,15,21 and then 25,29,33,37,41,
then 43,45,47,49,51,53
and finally every row 3 times.

Thank you… I hope I can get my head around this… I did make a chart, and I think with your info and my chart, I may catch on… Thank you… I will let you know…

Hello and HELP. For those of you who have made this float, I am at the point where I am attempting to sew the side seams together. I have truly knit the neck shaping sides of this thing 8 times trying to get it to match up but what I have just doesn’t look right. I am loading two images to show you what it looks like and if you would be kind enough to just tell me if this looks right, I would great appreciate it.

Renee Tennant
dougandrenee2000@gmail.com

What kind of stitch are you using to seam? Is it mattress stitch, a backstitch?