Help finding afghan pattern

I would like to see if anyone might have a nice afghan pattern using chenille yarn. I bought a large amount of lion brand suede yarn (was told it was the same as chenille) I have 19 skeins of this yarn, and the weight is 3 oz. yardage is 122 yards, 100% polyester, number 5 bulky weight yarn. Would really appreciate if anyone could recommend a nice pattern (not to difficult) to knit using this yarn. Thanks in advance.
Elaine:hug: :knitting:

I looked on the Lion Brand site and found several made with that yarn.

http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/patternFinder.fcgi?search=Search&searchText=&craft=0&cost=Any&subcategory=21&componentCategoryKey=1694539&categoryKey=&yarnClass=Any&size=&publisher=&edition=&searchType=0&I3.x=33&I3.y=7&I3=Search!

I made this afghan for my 31-year old DD last year; she loves it. It’s just k1p1, changing colors every 2 balls. I used a circular needle, about size 4mm…and cast on as many stitches as ‘looked right’. (maybe 80?) Good luck with yours!

Is this the kind of yarn you have?

Thanks Jan for links to check, I checked them out and all but one of the patterns are for crocheted afghans. The one that is knit requires a bunch of different kind of yarns besides the suede. Guess I’ll just have to keep looking. Thanks anyway.
Elaine

Thanks Woodi for picture of afghan. Looks lovely and I may indeed try that pattern. Seems like it would be easy enough. Could you tell me how many skeins you had to use and the finished size?
Elaine