Help converting a drawing (grid?) to written instructions

This is the first time that I have used a pattern that gives me grids for the design and I want to convert them to instructions. It is a bit confusing grasping how to go do this and get the WS and RS instructions correct.

Here is how I think that it works…
Looking at the design on the grid, If the RS looks like K2, P1, K2, P1(going from Left to Right on the bottom row) and the instructions say to start the pattern on the WS, the written instructions would start P2, K1, P2, K1. I’m looking at the grid and starting at the bottom left corner and reversing with the RS looks like in order to make the instructions.

Attached is an example that may help understand what I am saying

Thanks so much.

Welcome to KH!
Usually charts start at the bottom right edge and read to the left on RS rows. If your pattern starts on the WS, it seems that you’d start on the left edge and read to the right for row 1.
Is this pattern knit in the round or flat? Can you give us a link to the pattern or a pattern name?

Here is a link to the pattern: http://www.garnstudio.com/pattern.php?id=4720&cid=17. Attached is a portion of the instructions with the part in question highlighted. I think that I’m going to knit some tests to verify this before I start for real. Any comments that will help me verify (and give me confidence) is appreciated.

Lovely afghan!
After you do the first 7 rows (the garter rows, pattern rows and increase row), row 8 is a WS row and the first chart row. Start at the bottom left and work to the right. The pattern will start with the 3 garter stitches (not shown on the chart), then P6, K2, P6, K2, P6, K3 and continue to the right edge of chart ending with 3 garter sts not shown on chart.
One way to check that this is correct is to note that the cable cross is now on a RS row, which is where you want it to be.

Thank You!!!