Help bind off shoulder, Finnish knit sweater

I’m confused how to read the following for binding off a shoulder piece (translation from the original Finish by the creator):

“BO in both ends 1 x 5 sts every row.
Decrease 2 x 1 st every 2 rows, 2 x 1 st on every row, 2 x 2 st on every row.”

The pattern indicates I start on row 24 and this will end up on row 46. Firstly, what does it mean by 1x5 or 2x1, 2x2, etc? And then, how do I decrease all three times on every row? I assume this is some sort of Finnish way of writing a knit pattern that I don’t understand.

See attached screenshot of pattern.

We must do the math. My guess with1x5 or 2x1, 2x2 is that either the first or last digit of each pair indicates the number of stitches decreased while the other number indicates the times repeated. How many rows?

It will be 16 rows if you call the first decrease row, row 1.
Here is how I counted them.
Row 1: BO 1 st, work st st to m, sm, (pat. chart 2 R24) 3 times, sm, work to last 2 sts, dec.
Row 2: repeat row 1 with chart 2 R25
Row 3: repeat row 1 with chart 2 R26
Row 4: repeat row 1 with chart 2 R35 (yes, skip from 26 to 35)
Row 5: repeat row 1 with chart 2 R36
Row 6: repeat row 1 with chart 2 R37
[This completes the first decrease repeates 1×5
Row 8: BO 2 sts, work st st, sm, (pat. chart 2 R38) 3 times, sm, work st st to last 4 sts, dec 2.
Row 9: work st st, sm, (pat. chart 2 R39) 3 times, sm, work st st to last st. (no dec)
Row 10: BO 2 sts, work st st, sm, (pat. chart 2 R40) 3 times, sm, work st st to last 4 sts, dec 2.
[That completes dec. 2 x 1 every two grows]

[Continue as established row and pattern row numbers. Row number = pattern row minus 31 example: r37 -31 = Row 6 of decrease rows.]

Row 15: pat. chart 2 R46
Row 16: pat. chart 2 R47
[Two options: BO all sts now or continue with arched sleeve cap. ]

[That interprets the number before the x as the decrease count on each end. The number after the X as the number of additional repeates. This interpretation would use 15 rows to decrease, row 16 would not be a decrease row. Total sts decreased is 42(I think).

@salmonmac what do you think?

The second number is indicating the number of sts to bind off and the first is the number of times to do this operation on each side.
“BO in both ends 1 x 5 sts every row” means bind off one time, 5sts or bind off 5sts once.

Bind off 5sts (this is the underarm) at the beginning of rows 1 and 2.
Bind off 1stitch at the beginning of rows 3,4,7 and 8.
Bind off 1stitch at the beginning of rows 11,12,13 and 14.
Bind off 2sts at the beginning of rows 15,16,17 and 18.
Bind off 17sts at the beginning of rows 19 and 20.

This only takes 20 rows rather than the 22 rows (row 24 to 46) but that’s the way it works out.