Hello on an early saturday morning :-)

Im new here. I am a knitter - 76 happy and healthy years. I have been knitting since I was 6 years. Lately I have laid my interest on Fair Isle knitting. It looks a bit difficult, but I have knittet beautiful shetland shawls before, so m I think I will manage. I think I will learn all the way until the day I die :wink:

I am an old age pensioneer, have lots of time, when I am not doing voluntarily work. I am living in a very little village Varpelev in Denmark, approx 50 km south of Copenhagen. But I gave lived in Copenhagen the first 50 years of my life. I have two boys, one alive and one in my heart :frowning: , I am married to a wonderful man who also has a son. So we are a whole family.

Forgot to tell, my name is Kirsten.

Hi Kirsten, welcome to KH. I think you’ll be a real asset here with all your years of knitting experience! Looking forward to seeing your Fair Isle projects, I’m sure they will be fabulous.
Love from Linda, S.Wales UK

Welcome to the forum :raising_hand_woman:t2:
I’m new to the forum and learnt to knit from videos and a knitting book .
I’m happy to have found this forum with exsperienced knitters whom I can aske for help and advice.
This is a great place thanks for this group of wonderful people :heart_eyes:

Welcome Kirsten! Great to have you join us. Enjoy your Fair Isle knitting adventure and please let us see a photo when you finish. Happy knitting.

Hello and welcome to KH!!

Welcome to the forum, I taught myself to knit when I was a senior in high school. But I let it go until after my children were grown.Dealing with a child with kidney disease from birth and extremely under weight for his age.I had to make most of his clothes because store bought clothing just swallowed him. He is now 41 and shops in the boys departments for his clothing.

welcome! fair isle is beautiful, but for me very daunting. I haven’t done much with color work, so juggling all those different strands of yarn looks so difficult!! I can’t wait to see some of your projects and maybe they will inspire me to give it a shot as well.