Hello and a question

I’m new to knitting and need some help with Linnea Tunic pattern. I am up to shaping the back nect. The directions read: Next row (RS): Keeping patt correct, work until there are 22 [25: 28: 32] sts on right needle and turn, leaving rem sts on a spare needle.
Work each side of neck separately.
Cast off 4 sts at beg of next and foll alt row. 14 [17: 20: 24] sts.

I need a beginner explanation for this direction, please. Thank you!

Welcome to KH!
You’re going to be working one shoulder and later get to the second shoulder.
Knit the given number of sts for your size in the pattern stitch across the RS row. When you have that number of sts on the right hand needle, turn as if you were at the end of a row. (The sts remaining on the left needle will be used later.) On the WS row, cast off 4sts, work to the end of the row and turn. Work across the RS row and turn to the WS, cast off 4sts again. Then go on to whatever the next directions are.
At some point you will get to the unworked sts that were left hanging out when you made that first turn. They’ll likely form the center neck and other shoulder
Thank you very much for the pattern link. It’s so helpful to see the tunic.

Thank you. I’m going to give it another try. Hopefully I won;t have to ask again😀

That’s ok too. We don’t mind having to answer new or old questions. We’d love to see a photo of the tunic when you finish!