Heart from Knitty

when I first saw this pattern on this forum I had to knit it! Well I order two skeins of bare bulky yarn from KP and dyed both with koolaid and knitted this scarf. I only used one skein and I knitted it on us 13’s. Here are a few pics.

[/img]

Pretty! :heart: :cheering: Was it hard to knit (and did you do the double sided)? I’ve been thinking of knitting something like that for my mom to use up spare yarn.

It wasn’t hard to knit but with a 2 yr old I lost my place alot and had to start over. It’s not double sided. This is the first lace I’ve tryed. it was pretty fun.

Great job!! I’m dying to try lace. :slight_smile:

Wow! How did you get your hand-dyed striping to be so fantastically even? It’s awesome. :slight_smile:

That is so pretty! Where did u find the pattern? I’m thinking of knititng one for a friend’s fiance. It would be a perfect gift. You did a great job!

I got the pattern from Knitty.com. Its in the breast Cancer Awareness Mini Issue.

As for the yarn, this is the first time I’ve tyed doing strips. I just dipped the whole skein in the first color(light pink) and dipped 2/3 of it in the second color and 1/3 in the last color. I’m knitted a felted diaper bag with the second skein right now.

Thanks everyone!

The color came out beautiful, although I’m not a hand dyer myself. Thanks for showing me where you can find the pattern. :slight_smile:

Wow! You dyed that? Both the dye job and the knitting are BEAUTIFUL!!! Way to go! :cheering: