Healing Shawl

I can make scarves very well and decided on trying a Beginner pattern for a Healing Shawl -at this point I may end up needing to wear it myself!
The pattern calls for K3P3- alternating each row.
I have started over 4 times all ready, as I am finding it REALLY hard to track what I am doing and keep loosing my place and knitting when I should have been purling.
My latest attempt is still not looking too good and I am finding it hard going- things are looking lumpy and the knitting is stiff- any tips other then giving in and going back to making scarves?
This is very discouraging, surely this cannot be that hard?? :frowning:

It’s not hard, just knit the v and purl the bump. If you ended one row on P3, then you turn the work and start with K3… what is a knit stitch on one side (the V’s) will be a bump on the other side (a purl stitch), and vice versa. Just keep trying and soon you will see the pattern happening.
:thumbsup:

Thank you so much for your reply!
I started all over again and realised I had the yarn placement incorrect when purling- going over instead of under and because of that, I was making these very strange, double wonky stitches that I did not know what to do with.
I have just done a couple of rows, being very aware of where my yarn is, by golly, I seem to have the hang of this- I feel elated!!

Thank you- I thought I was just a rubbish knitter! :XX:

P.S. trucker945- there actually is a pattern forming- not lumpy, bumpy, holey knitting!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

HOO YEAH !!!

:thumbsup: