Hat's too short

I made a hat for the dh, and even though he tried it on before I finished it and it looked like it fit, it’s too short and won’t go down far enough on his ears.

The hat is a roll brim; is it possible to pick up stitches and add rows to the bottom? Will it still curl properly?

OR…do I have to take out the 3-needle bind-off ( :shock: ) and add to the top?

Don’t have an answer but that made me :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: I feel the same—how would you do that :shock:

The mere thought of it horrifies me. :shock:

I swear, I’d just knit another hat if undoing that monster were my only hope!

I picked up sts on the bottom of a hat but is wasn’t a roll brim. It worked fine though…if it’s not going to work as is anyway, it’s probably worth a try.

That’s a good point! :thumbsup:

I tried to pick up stitches at the bottom of hat once…It failed, so I made another two inches of bottom, sewed it to the hat, and folded it up over the seam. It looks normal now!..but I never, ever wear it.

Why not if it looks normal? Did you just not really like it anyway, or is normal unacceptable? :rofling: :rofling: :rofling:

I’m not sure, really. It gives me wicked hat-head, but I like to wear hats all day, so that doesn’t really matter. It’s made from bulky wool and it’s a little tight. It was my first cabled hat project and I didn’t follow a pattern, so serves me right! :roflhard: :oops:

:roflhard: :roflhard:

How dare you use cables, and how dare you not follow a pattern! :rofling:

I’d just knit on ribbing to the bottom. I’m not sure if it will roll the way you want, but it very well could.

:rollseyes:

Don’t you roll your eyes at me young lady!!! :?

I was rolling my eyes at Angelia! Sorry, Ingrid. Though I guess she’ll give me the same line. :roflhard:
:heart: I love you two!

:fingerwag: See? That kind of thing will get you in trouble! What if there was an angry gang member lurking who took offense? :roflhard: :roflhard:

That reminds me of my number two car rule…I have two rules for people who ride in my car. Number one is if you scream, I’ll probably kill us all (I’m VERY jumpy and I have friends who enjoy screaming while I’m driving for some reason) and number two is if you give someone the finger, you get out and walk. There’s a good story behind this:
I was going bowling with three friends. Paul was driving, Angel was in the front, and Amber and I were in the back. Some guy pulled up next to us at a red light and made “suggestive” faces at Amber and me…so Amber gave him the finger. He then proceeded to get behind us and follow us - very closely. Paul finally lost him by going behind some buildings, OFF THE ROAD, and shutting his lights off. You just never know who’s going to get really pissed off, I guess.

:shock:

[size=2]Angelia hides from the angry gang member…[/size]

Ack! That is a really creepy story, Cate! You guys were so lucky to lose that weirdo!

I just don’t look at the drivers around me, particularly since I’m usually driving alone. I do, however, pay very close attention to the cars near me and how long they stay near me.

I’m shuddering right now!