Hat with contrasting decreases-by DH

My DH has been wondering if you could make a hat in the round and do the decreases in a contrasting color. He decided to try it and here is his creation.

He made 6 long strands of black (one to be left at each decrease point), and used them intarsia like to do the decreases and on the non-decrease rounds he knit the black stitch, with the black. You usually can’t do intarsia very easily in the round, but because this was only one stitch at each color change it worked. He didn’t have to use multiple balls of the grayish, just the one.

This is made of Patons Classic Merino. Here is a side view.

I have never seen a hat that I recall, that was done this way. I never thought of trying it myself. :slight_smile:

Interesting idea with great results. :thumbsup:

That’s amazing! He’s very creative!

I love that hat!

He is so creative. It came out great.

He has done a wonderful job . It looks great :slight_smile:

Looks great. Your husband is very talented.

How creative!

Cool! :slight_smile:

:woot: how neat! It looks great :happydance:

:yay: He did a great job. I would never have thought of that. What a guy!

how cool! i really like how it looks!

copyright that!!!

Must be a guy thing. I was making DS a hat and he suggested doing the decreases in a different color. I was a little too lazy, but I guess I’m going to have to try it. It looks really cool.
Angel

Tell him to leave is day job, he should be a designer!

You’ve got a really talented guy there ~

Must be a guy thing. I was making DS a hat and he suggested doing the decreases in a different color. I was a little too lazy, but I guess I’m going to have to try it. It looks really cool.

:lol: How old is your designer? Just a kid, or an adult?

That is cool! It looks really great!

What a neat idea!

MerigoldinWA, in response to your question

How old is your designer? Just a kid, or an adult?
He is almost 19 and is super creative (he has always been that way).

He’s a budding screenwriter/director and definitely has an eye for nice things. He really appreciates the work that goes into a handmade item. I’m really lucky!
Angel

cool hat,I relly like it!!!