Hat pattern

Hi,

My pattern says the following and I want to understand what this means, the fact that the word round is repeated makes me feel a bit confused:

Round 1: *k1, p1, repeat from * all around. Round 2: *p1, k1, repeat from * all around Repeat rounds 1-2 for a total of:
4 rounds (12/18 months)
5 rounds (toddler/child sizes)

Does this mean?

A) Knit 1 and 2 rows, and then repeat those two 3 more times for 12/18 months, and 4 times for toddler: total rows 8 and 10 respectively

B) Knit 1 and 2, and for 12/18 Knit 1 and 2 again: 4 rows in total , and for toddler Knit 1,2,1 again: 5 rows in total

“Rounds” means knitting with circular or double pointed needles.

Round 1 means row 1
Round 2 means row 2
etc…

Knitcindy

Then this means 4 rows (1-2-1-2) for baby and 5 rows (1-2-1-2-1) for toddler?

Please give us a pattern name and link if possible. Don’t post the pattern here just the link.

They call rows “rounds” when you are knitting seamlessly in the round. In other words no turning. Each round goes from beginning to end. If you need to place a removable marker or safety pin where the beginning/end of round is. I just use the tail myself.

Four rounds is literally four rows. So since it says “total of” 4 rounds so do 4 for –

12/18 mos is "round 1, round 2, round 1, round 2"
Toddler/child is “round 1, round 2, round 1, round 2, round 1”

At least this is what I read it as. A pattern would help.

Unfortunately it is not a free pattern so the link will only show the picture. But this is the one: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/failynn-fox-cowl

Awww that’s cute! Okay, I’m assuming then that the part you are asking about is the cast on with the seed stitch. It looks like it is only 4 or 5 rows so you got the right answers. :slight_smile: