Hat pattern for patons twister

I bought some lovely Patons Twister a few weeks ago. I was planning on making a scarf for my 2 year old neice. But I think a matching hat is in order too. The only hat I’ve ever made is this one http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123

Is there a way to modify this pattern for this yarn? I dont have a clue how the yarn would work with the pattern. I’ve never tried a hat with dpn’s although I suppose I could use my boye set as dpn’s.

Any suggestions? I just love this yarn!

BUMP

anyone? anyone at all? :smiley:

I haven’t used this yarn. Does it have any kind of stretch so that a hat would stay on?

I’ve never used the yarn either. But I’m thinking … why would you need to alter the pattern? I’m thinking that as long as the guage matches, you should be fine. If Twister alone doesn’t cut the guage, you could also incorporate a worsted to help a bit. :thinking: Maybe knit a swatch and feel it out?

Did JessicaSant design the pattern or the chart? Have you tried pm’ing her?

Another idea would be to go to the Paton’s site and see what patterns are available for this yarn. There’s probably a pamphlet that has a hat in it that you could pick up.

Thanks! I did find a book by Patons for $3.95 that has 9 patterns that uses this yarn as well as 2 others.

A hat with another strand of yarn is a great idea. I’m not sure how much this stuff stretches…haven’t started on the scarf yet.

Swatch time … insert mc.hammer sound byte here doooo, do do do … do do … doo swatchtime … :happydance: