Hat Pattern decrease questions

I’m starting this hat pattern. I’m not at the decrease yet but wanted to make sure that I understand what I am doing when I get to it…

It says…
"[COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]Work in ribbing (it’s a k2 p2 ribbing) for 6-1/2" or desired length… then K2 tog, P2 tog around. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]Knit one round… [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]decrease again using K2tog only [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]Knit one round [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]decrease one more round"
[/FONT][/COLOR]

My questions are…

When I do the k2tog only I only do that to the knit ribs, right?

And it says decrease one more round, this is like the last one, right?

Thanks so much!
[COLOR=#000000][/COLOR]

When you do the first k2tog, you’ll have a pattern of k2, p 1, so yes, dec on the k2 ribs. The next row you dec, you’ll have k1, p1, and it may look better to k2tog when you have a p then a k on your left needle. That way the knit rib will cross over the purl and follow up all the way.

sue

It looks like after doing ribbing you will k2tog the knit ribs and p2tog the purl ribs. Then knit plain, then I think k2tog around, plain round, k2tog around, then you’re done!
Sarah

Thank you both so much for your help… I was looking at the pattern again, (here’s the link… http://people.delphiforums.com/knit_chat/fingerpuppets/littlehat.html)

and it says after the decreases I should have 10 stitches left…

So I start with 76 and k2tog and p2tog around so that cuts it by half giving me 38…

The next decrease is k2tog so it’s every stitch… cuz that will give me 19 and the next decrease round is the same… Right?

Haven’t done stuff like this before and just want to make sure that I’m thinking about this right… again Thanks so much for your help…

It’s a lot easier to do it than figure it out in your head. Just follow the pattern and it should come out just fine.

sue