Handmade lap blankets needed for Seniors in Nursing Homes during the Holiday Season!

I am posting this for a great Community Campaign that is taking place in Washington. It was started by a great lady who believes in giving back to seniors who are in nursing homes during the holidays. I hope you can help her out! Here’s the info:

Wrap a Senior in LOVE

Can a simple act of kindness change one person’s life? - Yes it can!
Many seniors in nursing homes are alone, without family and without some holiday cheer. Please help us make a difference in the lives of Seniors in Washington Nursing Homes, by donating a hand knitted or crocheted wrap (lap blanket) as a holiday gift to Acknowledge, Remember and Honor them during the holiday season

Deadline: December 10th
Size: no larger than 5 x 5 ft
Colors preferred: Warm colors – no black please
Must be machine washable!

Blankets can be sent directly to
Makaylaa Powers
Visiting Angels
903 5th Ave Ste 201, Kirkland WA 98033

For More Information Contact: Makaylaa Powers at Visiting Angels (425) 828-4500 or email makaylaa@eastsideangels.com

what are considered to be warm colors?
I would love to make a blanket for seniors, as I am leaning towards that area of work (i will be finishing my bachelor’s degree in August, with my last class being my internship). I was an unpaid activity assistant at a long term care facility (nursing home) this summer and I loved it. I went back to visit and help out recently.
:smiley:
:slight_smile: