Half way thru facecloths pattern reverses?

Always on same row… same thing happened 3 different cloths…all purls going up half way…knitted on backside…then all of a sudden…knitted on front side and purl on the back…I carefully …marked every row on paper every cloth…yet still pattern reverses half way at same spot every cloth…wierd!!!.. Why???.. I am not trying my 4 th one till I figure this out…
Frustrated Michelle

What pattern are you using?

You say three different cloths…all in the same pattern or different ones? It could be a pattern error.

Thanks for your emails… :slight_smile:
Sorry about not including any info…very new at this…(obviously :wink: )
Got all patterns in the same site online…from a lady named Elaine Fitzpatrick… One was Purrfect Facecloth…(cat)…Gus Facecloth… (dog)…and a Bear one…
After it happened the 1st time…( halfway purled…half knitted) like I missed a row…So next time I wrote everything out checked as I went along…counted…yadda yadda…and walla…its the same as other one…what??? I can’t believe it! So I try again…and it happened again…so I got the block pattern on all of them…and counted…and Realized!!.. That the switch happened on all the same row…wierd…now I know it can’t be me…could it?.. What am I doing…? Any clues? Anybody,? Wish could offer more info…other than 37 stitches…K1P1…to 8th row…start pattern… Yadda yadda. .
Not so frustrated…Michelle

It’s probably just Me :shrug: :roflhard:

Welcome to the forum!
I’ve recently made several of these and not had a problem. I looked at the pattern for Gus and it seems ok. I can suggest either looking for the versions of these cloths with charts if you like charts or watching the photo and making sure that your stitches follow the picture.
On the Gus pattern for example, can you tell us the row number that is causing the problem?

It was in row 31 the change happened for all 3 …

And no…I don’t like looking at charts…the K1P1…etc… Is enough for me right now…I only used the charts to see where the mistake happened…and they all happened on row 31 which is what got me to this forum in the 1 St place as when I realized the row…thought I must be doing something wrong…

Also. …just so we’re on the same page…
Row 1-7 k1p1
Row 8-31. All up& down stitches…can see pattern of ‘gus’ perfectly coming thru…
Row 31 -51 stitches all start going across ( why)?..pattern of ‘gus’ is still on target…looks exactly like it should… Except the horizontal and vertical switch does not look good…
Row 52-58 p1k1

Ok, I’m away from home at the moment and without extra yarn to try this out. When you say “up and down sts”, what do you mean? The seed st border? Also “the sts all start going across”?
It might help to mark the odd rows which are RS rows although if Gus is showing up you’re not really having trouble distinguishing RS and WS. I’ll try this one on the needles early next week and see what I get if that helps.

Ya…what I mean is…to lay it square and “look” at it…
After the edge row…
All stitches run up and down look…
At row 31-58
All stitches switch and go up and down reverse…

Really like I missed a row… Which would cause a reversal…I would think… But several attempts… Same problem …Why can’t I get all stitches to run up and down( minus Gus)…thru out whole cloth to upper border?

Oh dear…:frowning:
Seems I made a mistake in my last post
row 31-58 DO NOT…run up and down…sorry about that…my mind working faster than my fingers typing…
Row 31-58
Start a horizontal stitch all the way thru to edge
Giving it the half vertical…half horizontal look …
Edges turn good :yay: :roflhard:

Well, the other thing you can do is ignore the instructions for the border and work those sts so that the border pattern continues correctly until Gus is complete and the border starts to encroach on the stockinette background and finally stretches from edge to edge.

Well aren’t you Beautiful!
What a GREAT IDEA!!!
I understand… And I’m going to try it… :slight_smile:

Well…
Boy …how could something so easy make me feel so stupid…?
After considering yr last post…I took a very close look at just inside square like you suggested and after much consideration i can only come to the conclusion that I must have missed a row…( coincidentally… Same row on all cloths)… Thus putting the purl on Knit side and vice versa …what else could it be…
I am trying yr idea