GrumpyGramma's Knitting Room

No. I’ve not felted anything yet.

As you know I have not been back for awhile, so I thought I should pop in and say hello to you all and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

So nice to see you Lori :muah: Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too :grphug:

:waving: Hi, Lori. What a pleasant surprise. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

:waving: Hi, Claire. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!

The Error of Our Ways: A Knitter’s Guide to Fixing Mistakes

How to Become an “Expert Knitter”

saved those two links :thumbsup:

I didn’t bother bookmarking them. They’re here so that maybe one day should I want them after I’ve lost everything on my computer yet again and again and again I might find them. I might get a Chrome book. This hardware is not going to last much longer.

I’ll probably never attempt a Goliath, Nana reigns supreme there. I might try a Big Snowy Owl.

Knitting Stitch Patterns
There are lots, they’re all charted.

Great site!

I’ve been looking for a pattern to remake Goliath’s wings and I think , thanks to you I may have found one. Now to learn how to read a chart :think: :??

That would make cool wings!

Another edge treatment to try: If you put your yarn in front and slip the last 3 stitches purl wise, then knit the first 3 stitches on the next row, it gives a nice rolled edge which is sort of like an icord edge. However, you need to keep those stitches fairly loose as it can cause the edges to be a little shorter than the rest of the item.

Robin FX Chunky Longline Sleeveless Cardigan and Scarf

Wendy Ramsdale DK Vest with Lacy Shoulders

How to add a seamless set in sleeve: Knit up around the cut armhole and, beginning at the shoulder top: k10, wrap, knit back-backwards 20, wrap, k forward 25, wrap, k backward 30, etc., for as many extra rows as you wish, forming a nice crescent-shape sleeve-cap.

From http://www.schoolhousepress.com/nlf2008.htm

:woohoo:

I Kitchenered the ends of a cable band for a hat. Not perfect, better than a seam. After I weave in some loose ends I’ll try for a picture.

:passedout:

I’ve used this and it makes a nice shoulder on the sleeves.

So it works out well to do the sleeve that way. Cool.

Yes, the one think I had to do is use markers and check off on paper just what I had done to keep me on track because the first time I did it I had to put my work down and when I finally got back to it I was lost, but thought I had figured it out only to find out I was wrong and had to start over. But the end results was a nice smooth transition for my shoulder .

Nice, but I wonder how they got the owl to model :rofl:

Looking for something else I came across this. I don’t know how much yarn was left but two 50 gr. balls was more than sufficient. Plain stockinette with rib at top of cuff, nothing fancy like cables that might take more yarn.