Great recipe!

Everyone should try it! Please read the reviews though to see if it’s your thing.

1 Like

Thanks for the link, Jan. That’s a great recipe. I don’t think the people I know can follow such complicated instructions.

it’s too many steps. and 2 minutes? i don’t have that kind of free time.

if anybody is an allrecipes.com fan, the oft-seen response to recipes is ‘this is great, but here’s how i changed it for my family.’ then they go on to omit or replace half the ingredients, and change the cooking method. wonder what would be changed with this recipe? :wink:

It seems you can sub agua for the water. Who knew?

I wonder if they are gluten free?

Good question. That info isn’t provided, is it? I found a great companion recipeto go with the one you posted.

Oh that is a good one! My husband does all the cooking so I’ll have to tell him about this. I’m getting tired of filet mignon and veggies.

Jan, it’s all the measuring in that recipe that I find tedious. Sure, it standardizes the recipe but if you vary things up a bit, it makes exciting changes in taste.

I passed it along to two other boards where I know people enjoy gourmet cooking. :teehee:

Fifth review down when you click on “Read all reviews” :teehee:

I made a few adjustments… used a pot instead of trays. boiled instead of freezing. Added salt, potatoes, carrots and beef to the water. It turned out more like soup instead of ice cubes. Next time I will make a few more adjustments to try and get this recipe to work for me.

Thanks Jan for the recipie. I will surely try the recipie.

gluten free, lactose free, free range, (well for some, anyway) and organic, (also for some).

I’m probably the only person in the free world who never uses them.

It’s always nice to experiment a bit while cooking.
try using butter molds.

or add lemon juice.

(maybe with a shot of vodka…)

food colouring for those festive occasions?

make em with soda water, for a sparkly effect!

and my personal favourite, add a sprig or two of your favourite herb, or a small flower, like a violet, or lilac.

Great ideas! Do you by chance have cats? :yay:

Cats? CATS??

why…
Yes. yes, I DO have cats!!!
(not nearly as many as I did when on the farm, though).

:smiley:

Love cats!!!

I just changed my avatar so I now have my kitty, Bella.

Let’s share great recipes! I found one and tried it today, very easy and juicy! How Long To Cook Corned Beef

https://club.cooking/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/corn-beef.jpg

If you guys love buffalo wing and cheese, you will surely enjoy this recipe from Tasty:

Servings: 16

INGREDIENTS
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded chicken
½ cup buffalo hot sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1-ounce packet of dry ranch dressing mix
2 cups all-purpose flour
6 eggs, beaten
3 cups seasoned bread crumbs
Oil, for frying

PREPARATION
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients with a fork until smooth and evenly mixed.
Transfer to an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper. Smooth the mixture out with a spatula so that it’s evenly spread in the dish.
Freeze until solid, at least one hour.
Working quickly, remove the solid mixture from the sheet and cut into 4-inch x 1-inch rectangles (there should be 16 in an 8x8 dish).
One by one, bread each stick by coating in flour, then dredging in egg and then bread crumbs. Dip once more in the egg, then once more in the bread crumbs, and transfer to a baking dish.
Heat the oil to 375˚F/190˚C.
Carefully lower about three or four of the coated sticks into the oil and fry for about 30 seconds, until golden brown. Continue this until all of the sticks are fried.
Serve warm with ranch dip.