Granny square

i am so so lost how to make a granny square or a circle can you please help me i will be very thankful

melissa

[Color=#300090]
I know of three different methods to start, two begin with a chain and the other one begins with a plastic ring, yarn loop (i.e magic circle.) Which method does your pattern use? :think:

Follow [U]this link[/U] to a drawing with instructions on how to begin crochet in the round.

Or

Follow [U]this link[/U] to a video showing the magic circle method used to form a very tight ring and leaving no hole in the middle.

Granny square patterns usually begin with the chain method. Amigurumi patterns usually begin with the magic circle. :thumbsup:
[/color]

here is a picture of what i started

This lady does a lot of videos on granny squares and other crochet stitches and projects. http://www.youtube.com/user/tjw1963

Hooked On Needles also has a video on the traditional granny square that might help you. Click HERE for that post. Hope this helps!

MGM

Go to crochetcabana.com She shows you step by step with pictures. That’s how I learned. Good Luck!!

[color="#330099"]
knittergirl16, The video link I included in my post above yours was to Teresa’s (tjw1963) Granny square video. :wink:
[/color]

[color="#330099"]
Mary Grace, I apologize for not finding and linking to your video. Your page is on my list of top instructional video sources for crochet. :yay:

catlvr, I’m off to visit www.crochetcabana.com site you mentioned. I don’t think I have them bookmarked yet. :oo:

Anyone know if mdkb901 (OP) found any of our responses helpful? :shrug: [/color]

Thanks Jack! You’re a peach! I appreciate that so much.

MGM

Mary Grace!

Thank You Again!!! I kep coming back to hookedonneedles.com:slight_smile:

Susan

And I’m so glad to have you! :heart:

MGM