Got stuck at the very first row

The pattern goes like
“cast on 100 sts,
Row 1 (RS): P1 [2: 4: 1: 3], (K2tog, yfrn, P2) 0 [1: 0: 0: 1] time, *inc once knitwise in each of next 2 sts, P2, K2tog, yfrn, P2, rep from * to last 3 [0: 6: 3: 1] sts, (inc once knitwise in each of next 2 sts) 1 [0: 1: 1: 0] time, P1 [0: 4: 1: 1]. 126 [136: 152: 166: 178] sts.

Fine with casting on, however confused by the next sentence. Is that mean I should add one more knitwise stitch in each purl? So the first 2 sts become 4, and then just follow the pattern and no more adding?

If so how can the stitches become to 126 from 100? I’ve tried, and I got 134 stitches in total. Ahhhh plz plz plz someone help me plz.

Welcome!
Which size are you making, the first, 2nd, 3rd? What is the name of your pattern and the designer or source?

The first size. I need to make 126 sts out of 100 sts that I cast on. The pattern is from Rowan, and it called Glitter.

Row 1 (RS): P1 , *inc once knitwise in each of next 2 sts, P2, K2tog, yfrn, P2, rep from * to last 3 sts, (inc once knitwise in each of next 2 sts) P1

I’ve eliminated the directions for the other sizes including the direction for the smallest size that is worked 0 times (skip over directions for your size with a 0, a - or an x).

The repeat between the asterisks takes 8sts and leaves you with 10 sts. It’s repeated 12 times so that’s an increase of 24sts plus the 2 increases at the end of the row equals 26sts increased.

For row 1:
P1 one stitch
the repeat *inc once knitwise in each of next 2 sts, takes 2sts and increases to 4sts.
P2, 2 sts
K2tog, yfrn, knit 2 together, then bring the yarn over the right hand needle and back around between the needles to the front. Takes 2sts and leaves you with 2sts.
P2, rep from * 2sts
(inc once knitwise in each of next 2 sts) takes 2 sts and leaves you with 4sts
P1 one stitch

Ohhhh I see. I thought I should increase in 2 purls, so it takes 6 stitches and leave me with 8. Puzzle solved. Many many thanks for your kindly reply.

For the repeat? It takes 8 sts and leaves you with 10sts.

Yeah i’ve done the first row and really get started with the work. Very appreciate for your help.