Goofy, yet serious seaming question!

I am sure you guys are going to roll your eyes on this one, but it proves that my laziness knows no bounds!

I am knitting a hat in 100% wool on straight needles. Instead of seaming (which I am so NOT good at) how bout I hot glue the seams closed?

Any thoughts on why this would or would not work? :happydance:

Learn to seam, dahling.

You won’t be sorry.

Best,
Susan
(now can I roll my eyes?):eyes:

:shrug: You could staple it, too. :teehee:

Seriously, you’ll be amazed at how easy and beeeeautiful mattress seams turn out!:thumbsup:

Glueing knitting!? :passedout:
Have you checked out the videos here on seaming?http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/misc.php

You could always try duct tape :happydance:

lol Honestly, it’s not as bad as it seems!! In fact, I just learned mattress stitch for my sweater and, though I probably should never admit this ever again, I think it’s kind of fun. :??

its your knittting… you can do what ever you want.

but do you want a lumpy stitcky seam?

even a badly sewn seam would be smoother than a glued seam

the trick to sewing knitting is the sewing needle should be parallel to the edges being sewn.

if the edge is this way| the sewing needle will move ^ this way. first under 2 strands on right edge, then move it to left and go under two strand on left edge. and always the needle is parallel to the edge.

and sew on the right side (not the inside!)

at first it will look terrible! (make about 4 or 5 stitches)

then gently pull the yarn you are sewing with snug… slowly gently… and YOWSA! a perfect seam!

Argh!! I knew it was a bad idea! sigh Ok. I will learn to do a better seam.

Thanks for the input, lovely ladies!! :knitting:

Come on, it’ll be great! And of course, we’ll be here to help and support along the way :slight_smile:

Ummm – knit the next hat in the round. No seams. no hot glue, no rolling eyes.