Good first lace scarf project. FYI

I was seeing so many lovely patterns for lace and was very intimidated by them. However, I found this free scarf pattern online and it has been easy and rewarding to knit!

http://www.suanknits.com/lacescarf.html

That’s pretty, Joy! Thanks for sharing!

Lace has scared me, too, Joy. Yet, I’ve known I’d eventually have to tackle it. That looks like a really pretty scarf, and I’m glad to hear that it’s not overly challenging. I’ll bookmark it for when I’m ready to take that plunge. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Hey, Joy. What yarn are you using for yours? I noticed the pattern uses Microspun. I’ve never tried knitting with it.

i must jump in and say that i think microspun is WONDERFUL. slippery but still very nice and soft. i would think it would be very nice with this scarf.

and being someone who avoids anything that requires much more thought than seed stitch, i hafta say that this pattern looks pretty darn easy…even for me :rollseyes:

yeah i would figger out a way to screw it up…lol

I wanna try it with Joy’s yarn, too. It looks all glittery and prettiful. I’m going to knit it up for my mom’s birthday. So yeah, what is that yarn, Joy?

:lol: I am using left over Red Heart Fiesta Green something. We have extra because my 7 year old is making a scarf for herself with it also.

It is fun yarn and easy wash. I bought it at Walmart.

[color=red]T[size=6]hank you for the encouragement!!![/size][/color]

Happy knitting!

ps… the knitting boo boos don’t show, I am glad

I have that pattern saved to do for my sister for Christmas!! Small world AND…great minds think alike :wink:

That’s lovely! That same pattern was my first lace attempt. I made a lap afghan with Homespun, and it had about 5 pattern repeats across. It knitted up in less than a week!

Congrats on graduating to lace!! :thumbsup:

I had to shorten the scarf by a foot because I ran out of yarn. My daughter did not want to give me any from her stash because she is working her scarf and a seven year old can be strong willed!

Short but nice in any case.

Very, very lovely!! If it’s too short for a ‘full length’ scarf, it can be tied nicely around the neck or you can tie it to a nice handbag with matching outfit…or if not…you can raid your daughter’s stash in the night :wink: …she’s young, tell her about the yarn thieves, they run rampant in the knitting world! JUST KIDDING, I’m not suggesting that anyone scare a child…lol!!

Santa likes little girls who share their yarn!! :thumbsup:

I did not want to take away from her. This is her first project and I gave her the ball of yarn to work with. I started the lace scarf not really knowing how much yarn I would need.

She is very cute with her little needles.

I will be sure not to give anything I might have a use for.