Goddard Stitch

Hello!

I have been learning how to knit in order to make a simple, regular scarf. Would anyone out there have some simple tips for completing two rows of the Goddard Stitch? I just can’t seem to do it right. Any suggestions for videos, blogs, or just some simple steps would be awesome!

Thanks!

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

I think you are misspelling the basic knit stitch and need to look up Garter stitch which you can find tons of video’s on YouTube

Kitters pride and Very pink have excellent how to instructions for learning to knit.

Hope this helps :grinning:

1 Like

Do you mean garter stitch? There are good videos here in KH linked at the top of the page.

Welcome to Knitting Help!

1 Like

I agree with Tangles64; I am not aware of any such stitch. Garter stitch is very simple. There are tons of videos. Just search “How to knit Garter Stitch” in YouTube.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

As you can tell, I am quite the novice. I’m still working on stitching…and vocab :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the video recommendations! I’ll be sure to watch and update you all on my progress.

Kd

Thank you so much! I found a great many resources there that helped me learn the Garter stitch. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Your welcome, I love their video’s. They are my go to place when I need help :grinning: