Glowing Ghost Finger Puppet

I just made a quick design, using Bernat’s Glow in the Dark yarn. It’s a little ghost finger puppet, knit in the round.
Here’s a link to my pattern on my Flickr account:

It only took about 15 minutes to make, so it’s a quick, easy knit. :slight_smile:

I’m making about 20 of them, to give to my piano students for a Halloween treat.

So cute :slight_smile: Your students will love them . Ideal for halloween :slight_smile:

Adorable, yet spooky. How do you like the yarn, I am considering making a hat for a child with it (and possibly an ear warmer that goes over caps).
Katrina

:happydance: great idea for a gift! Good job!

Very cute. The Glow in the Dark yarn is on sale at Zellers, Canada this week for $2.99.

cute and unique!!

that is just too cute. love it!!

Thanks so much! It’s a fun project. I think I’ll go buy a couple more skeins in different colors, so my students will have different colors to choose from. I’ll probably make a bunch of them, and put them in a basket. Any leftovers can go back to my house. :slight_smile:

I like the yarn…it’s lightly spun, so it’s soft to knit with. It seems like it’s kind of a fragile yarn when you’re working with it, but it holds up pretty well when it’s knit together. I’ve never washed it, though…so I can’t give you any advice on that.

What a great idea for your students. Does it really glow in the dark?

Yes it does!!! :thumbsup:
It’s not incredibly bright, but it has a nice soft glow to it.
You have to leave it in the light to be activated, then it lightly glows for about 5 to 10 minutes.

I just tried to take a photo in my bathroom, where there are no windows, but my little digital camera would not take a good photo of the glow. :pout: Oh well…at least I tried. :shrug:

Here’s a photo of the 3 little ghosts I’ve made so far:

How cute, I didnt’ know there was glow in the dark yarn.
What a wonderful idea and what fun for the kids. >^,^<

Cute! The kids will enjoy their glow in the dark fingers. Hey, the kids can even play the piano with one of these on. I like the faces you put on them, each has a different personality.

Thank you both!
I’m still working on them. 4 down, 15 to go!

Here are some more little ghosts! I’ve lost count now… I just keep making more each day this week to give to my piano students. I have 21 students, and some of them have siblings. So, I’m making enough for them as well. So, I’ll probably end up making about 30 of them.

very cute idea. never seen glow in the dark yarn here in the UK. my son would go nuts for hats or gloves made with that.

too cute!!

:teehee: You are going to be dreaming about those little ghosts glowing around…Great job!!

I think it’s great that you are also thinking of the siblings…Isaiah is in school and Roo isn’t…after parites we always have the battle of…it’s mine, but I want one, why didn’t I get one…melt down :rofl:

Well, Karina, send me a PM, and we’ll figure out how to get some to you, my friend. :slight_smile:

I know! I have 3 sons, so I remember dealing with that when they were little. :wink: Also, sometimes the siblings of my students become my students later on. So, I try to have a good relationship with them from the start. :slight_smile: