Gloves anyone?

Does anyone have patterns for gloves? I would like to do a simple pattern because I’ve never done gloves before and I would also like a cool stitch pattern gloves. Thank you all for your time.
Angel Leah

It sounds like you have a lot of skills under your belt and could do gloves if that is your urge. :slight_smile: Have you looked at thispage from Knitting Pattern Central. This is the contents page for the glove and mitten patterns that they have listed that are free on-line. Something will probably fill the bill.

Oh thank you thank you thank you !!! They have alot of great patterns, don’t they? Are there any other sites that have tons of patterns like knittingcentral?

When it says:
2 rows MC
4 rows CC2
2 rows MC
1 row CC2
3 rows CC1
3 rows MC
2 rows CC2
1 row MC
6 rows CC1
1 row MC
4 rows CC2
1 row MC
3 rows CC1
1 row CC2
3 rows MC
1 row CC1
3 rows CC2
2 rows MC
1 row CC2
3 rows CC1
3 rows MC
4 rows CC2
4 rows MC
CC2 to end

What do the abbreviations mean?

Thanks you guys ! :cheering: :yay:

I’m so excited that I’m jumping from one thing to another thing to another thing. I need to stick to one thing or I’ll never get anything done. I want to learn things too. Maybe I should learn things and have ONE project to go back to. Knitting is really fun. I can’t focus on one project. AAAHHHGGG!!! ha ha. lol. Has anyone ever had this problem before. LOL. :woot: :woohoo: :knitting:

The abbreviations refer to the different colors you select for your stripes. You define one color as Main Color (MC), one as Contrasting (or Complimentary) Color 1 (CC1), and one as Contrasting (or Complimentary) Color 2 (CC2). You determine which yarn color to assign as MC, CC1, and CC2 based on how you want your item to look.

That makes sense now. I was sooo confused. lol. I love how all you guys are so helpful and prompt. Thank you for your time. In fact I’m going to make a thread to thank everyone.
yarnrainbow I LOVE your avatar. It’s sooo cute ! I love grommit. :smiley:

I’ve been eyeing this glove pattern.

The Lion Brandsite also has a lot of free glove patterns to try. Just scroll down the page until you see the ‘gloves/mittens’ section. HTH

Thank you so much !!! SAVED ! ha ha
I registered at Lion brand yarn and it told me to click to also register for the free patterns and when I did that it said, “You’ve been registered for free patterns since 2008-01-28.” Is there a time limit or pattern limit? Thank you guys.
Angel Leah

No, there is no time limit. You can look at them as long as they’re on the 'net, which should be a very, very long time! :slight_smile:

enjoy your gloves :thumbsup: and post a pic when you’re done.

Ok ! Thanks !