Getting to Know You-Christmas Edition

I thought some of you might enjoy this.

Welcome to the “Christmas Edition” of getting to know your friends.
Okay, here’s what you’re supposed to do and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!
Just copy this entire email and paste into a new blank e-mail that you Can send. Change all the answers so they apply to you. Then, send this to a whole Bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person who sent it to you.
it’s the season to be cheerful!!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both.
  2. Tree; Real or Artificial? Real
  3. When do you put Christmas tree up? Usually the first or second weekend in December
  4. When do you take the tree down? Before Jan. 1
  5. Like eggnog? Of course, it is fattening AND high in carbs
  6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
  7. Favorite gift received as a child? Madame Alexander “grown-Up doll” This was pre-Barbie
  8. Hardest person to buy for? Men
  9. Easiest person to buy for? DGDS
  10. Worst Christmas gift? Can’t remember any.
  11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? Mail - but just a few
  12. Favorite Christmas movie? Frosty the Snowman
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I’m inspired
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes
  15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? My Nana’s homemade fruitcake and ambrosia
  16. Clear or colored tree lights? clear
  17. Favorite Christmas Song? I love nearly all of them.
  18. Travel during Christmas or stay home? go to son’s or daughter’s
  19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer’s? Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Prancer & Vixen
  20. Angel or Star on Tree top? angel
  21. Open presents on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve? Christmas Day
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? traffic, long lines, people missing the real meaning
  23. Bake at home or Buy? Homemade
  24. Lights outside? Yes
  25. Mistletoe? sometimes

Bah, humbug!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? [COLOR=red]Both.[/COLOR]

2. Tree; Real or Artificial? [COLOR=darkgreen]Would be real but I’m allergic to it…so we put up artificial and burn pine candles :teehee: [/COLOR]

3. When do you put Christmas tree up? [COLOR=red]The Weekend after Thanksgiving or the following[/COLOR]

4. When do you take the tree down? [COLOR=darkgreen]When dh says it’s time usually after the first… that weekend[/COLOR]

5. Like eggnog? [COLOR=red]Nooooooooooo[/COLOR]

6. Do you have a nativity scene? [COLOR=darkgreen]Yes[/COLOR]

7. Favorite gift received as a child? [COLOR=red]A baby doll I named Rachel…[/COLOR]

8. Hardest person to buy for? [COLOR=#006400]The dads[/COLOR]

9. Easiest person to buy for? [COLOR=red]My daughter and neices[/COLOR]

10. Worst Christmas gift? [COLOR=green]ohh I was in prolly 4th or 5th grade and I got a teal sweater with long black fringe hanging off of it everywhere… mom made me wear that so much…think something might have happened to that sweater[/COLOR]

11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? [COLOR=#ff0000]Mail…I love Christmas Cards… We hang them up[/COLOR]

12. Favorite Christmas movie? [COLOR=darkgreen]To many!! Christmas in CT, Little Women (E.Taylor), White Christmas, The Christmas Vistor, Bishop’s Wife, Miracle of the Bells, and more[/COLOR]

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? [COLOR=red]January[/COLOR]

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? [COLOR=#006400]I don’t think so… I’m usually pretty happy with what I get besides that teal sweater :teehee: …[/COLOR]

15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? [COLOR=red]This Pretzel pie with strawberries that a friend makes for us[/COLOR]

16. Clear or colored tree lights? [COLOR=darkgreen]I have clear on 4 and would on the 5th but everyone else here would have a fit so it has colored…[/COLOR]

17. Favorite Christmas Song? [COLOR=red]Most of them…but Mary did you know is a great one…[/COLOR]

18. Travel during Christmas or stay home? [COLOR=darkgreen]Well for Christmas we will be here… but then :woot: [/COLOR]

19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer’s? [COLOR=red]Now [B]Dasher[/B]! Now [B]Dancer[/B]! Now, [B]Prancer[/B] and [B]Vixen[/B]![/COLOR][COLOR=red]On, [B]Comet[/B]! On, [B]Cupid[/B]! On, [B]Donner[/B] and [B]Blitzen[/B]![/COLOR][COLOR=red]To the top of the porch! To the top of the wall![/COLOR]

20. Angel or Star on Tree top? [COLOR=darkgreen]Angels on them all…[/COLOR]

21. Open presents on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve? [COLOR=red]Christmas Day[/COLOR]

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? [COLOR=darkgreen]People being grouchy[/COLOR]

23. Bake at home or Buy? :rofl: [COLOR=red]buy[/COLOR]

24. Lights outside? [COLOR=darkgreen]Yes[/COLOR]

25. Mistletoe? [COLOR=red]Yep and the kids have had a blast this year chasing one another when they are caught under the mistletoe[/COLOR]

:fingerwag: Read my #22 :rofl:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? [COLOR=Red]Paper – with fancy ribbon[/COLOR]
  2. Tree; Real or Artificial? [COLOR=Red]Artificial[/COLOR]
  3. When do you put Christmas tree up? [COLOR=Red]Week after Thanksgiving[/COLOR]
  4. When do you take the tree down? [COLOR=Red]January 1 during bowl games[/COLOR]
  5. Like eggnog? YUM! [COLOR=Red]My grocery store has organic egg nog. Delicious![/COLOR]
  6. Do you have a nativity scene? [COLOR=Red]Yes[/COLOR]
  7. Favorite gift received as a child? [COLOR=Red]Barbie Dreamhouse[/COLOR]
  8. Hardest person to buy for? [COLOR=Red]Sister[/COLOR]
  9. Easiest person to buy for? [COLOR=Red]My children[/COLOR]
  10. Worst Christmas gift? [COLOR=Red]Underwear – when I was 10[/COLOR]
  11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? [COLOR=Red]Neither the last couple of years[/COLOR]
  12. Favorite Christmas movie? It’s a Wonderful Life
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? [COLOR=Red]Buy gifts all year[/COLOR]
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? [COLOR=Red]No[/COLOR]
  15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? [COLOR=Red]mil’s dressing and cranberry sauce[/COLOR]
  16. Clear or colored tree lights? [COLOR=Red]colored on inside, clear on outside[/COLOR]
  17. Favorite Christmas Song? [COLOR=Red]Breath of Heaven[/COLOR]
  18. Travel during Christmas or stay home? [COLOR=Red]Always travel to in-laws[/COLOR]
  19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer’s? [COLOR=Red]Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Prancer & Vixen[/COLOR]
  20. Angel or Star on Tree top? [COLOR=Red]Star[/COLOR]
  21. Open presents on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve? [COLOR=Red]Christmas Day[/COLOR]
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? [COLOR=Red]Nothing[/COLOR]
  23. Bake at home or Buy? [COLOR=Red]Homemade[/COLOR]
  24. Lights outside? [COLOR=Red]Yes[/COLOR]
  25. Mistletoe? [COLOR=Red]No[/COLOR]

This is fun! You must need a:hug:Mason!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? [COLOR=Green]Both. Mostly paper occasionally bag for the odd shaped presents[/COLOR]
  2. Tree; Real or Artificial? [COLOR=Green]Real in family room and fake in living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom[/COLOR]
  3. When do you put Christmas tree up? [COLOR=Green]First weekend in Dec.[/COLOR]
  4. When do you take the tree down? [COLOR=Green]Right after the 1st of Jan[/COLOR]
  5. Like eggnog? [COLOR=Green]ooh gross![/COLOR]
  6. Do you have a nativity scene? [COLOR=Green]Yes, I actually have a collection[/COLOR]
  7. Favorite gift received as a child? [COLOR=Green]my cabbage patch doll Katie[/COLOR]
  8. Hardest person to buy for? [COLOR=Green]my brothers[/COLOR]
  9. Easiest person to buy for? T[COLOR=Green]he women of my family Mom, sil, sis[/COLOR]
  10. Worst Christmas gift? [COLOR=Green]I can’t think of one[/COLOR]
  11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? [COLOR=Green]Mail, this year we even wrote a letter to accompany the card since so much has change this year[/COLOR]
  12. Favorite Christmas movie? [COLOR=Green]I can’t think of a favorite love them all![/COLOR]
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? [COLOR=Green]When I see the perfect gift. Most of the time during the summer.[/COLOR]
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? [COLOR=Green]Yes but only as a joke[/COLOR]
  15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? [COLOR=Green]christmas cookies- nut crescent, little pecan puffs, spritz, shortbread - basically if it has butter, sugar and flour I’ll eat it this time of year! [/COLOR]
  16. Clear or colored tree lights? [COLOR=Green]colored on family room tree, clear on living room tree, bathroom and bedroom colored, kitchen clear[/COLOR]
  17. Favorite Christmas Song?[COLOR=Green]Mary did you know, Do you hear what I hear, Silent night . It’s hard to pick jsut a few![/COLOR]
  18. Travel during Christmas or stay home? [COLOR=Green]Stay home![/COLOR]
  19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer’s? [COLOR=Green]Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen and do you recall the most famous reindeer of all Rudolph[/COLOR]
  20. Angel or Star on Tree top? [COLOR=Green]angel on FR tree, stars and bows on the rest [/COLOR]
  21. Open presents on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve?[COLOR=Green]One on Christmas eve, when we were kids it was always pjs so we would look cute in the pictures the next day. The rest on Christmas day[/COLOR]
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? [COLOR=Green] people missing the real meaning, traffic everywhere[/COLOR]
  23. Bake at home or Buy? [COLOR=Green]Homemade all the way, I can’t let my culinary school training go to waste! [/COLOR]
  24. Lights outside? [COLOR=Green]Yes[/COLOR]
  25. Mistletoe? [COLOR=Green]only when my friend Ralph brings it fresh from his parent’s farm. [/COLOR]
  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? [COLOR=green]Paper. I love wrapping presents![/COLOR]
  2. Tree; Real or Artificial? [COLOR=green]Artificial.[/COLOR]
  3. When do you put Christmas tree up? [COLOR=green]The Saturdy after Thanksgiving.[/COLOR]
  4. When do you take the tree down? [COLOR=green]Dec. 26th. There’s nothing as depressing as a naked tree skirt.[/COLOR]
  5. Like eggnog? :ick:
  6. Do you have a nativity scene? [COLOR=green]Nope.[/COLOR]
  7. Favorite gift received as a child? My big wheel. The ones with 2 wheels you cranked, not the pedal kind.
  8. Hardest person to buy for? [COLOR=green]My brother. He has everything.[/COLOR]
  9. Easiest person to buy for? My nephews wife. She loves anything you give her.
  10. Worst Christmas gift? I’ve had a few, but I loved them all.
  11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? [COLOR=green]Mail. I didn’t want to though. No one sends me any.[/COLOR]
  12. Favorite Christmas movie? [COLOR=green]Holiday inn, National lampoon’s Christmas Vacation and Gremlins. [/COLOR]
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? [COLOR=green]When I have the cash.[/COLOR]
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? [COLOR=green]Not that I can remember.[/COLOR]
  15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? [COLOR=green]Peanutbutter fudge, chocolate fudge, and strawberry divinity. [/COLOR]
  16. Clear or colored tree lights? [COLOR=green]Both. Red/clear[/COLOR]
  17. Favorite Christmas Song?[COLOR=green]Holly Jolly Christmas, White Christmas, and the little drummer boy by Bing Crosby and David Bowie[/COLOR]
  18. Travel during Christmas or stay home? [COLOR=green]Stay home.[/COLOR]
  19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer’s? [COLOR=green]Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, and Blitzen.[/COLOR]
  20. Angel or Star on Tree top? [COLOR=green]Angel [/COLOR]
  21. Open presents on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve? [COLOR=green]Both. My family comes down on Christmas Eve, so we open those.[/COLOR]
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? [COLOR=green]The weather!![/COLOR]
  23. Bake at home or Buy? [COLOR=green]Homemade. [/COLOR]
  24. Lights outside? [COLOR=green]Yes[/COLOR]
  25. Mistletoe? [COLOR=green]Nope.[/COLOR]
  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Depends on the shape of the gift.
  2. Tree; Real or Artificial? [COLOR=green]Artificial.[/COLOR]
  3. When do you put Christmas tree up? The weekend after Thanksgiving. (although we were late this year)
  4. When do you take the tree down? [COLOR=green]Dec. 26th. There’s nothing as depressing as a naked tree skirt. (I agree!)[/COLOR]
  5. Like eggnog? I’ve never tasted it.
  6. Do you have a nativity scene? I can’t believe it, but I don’t. I’m going to have to find one.
  7. Favorite gift received as a child? My first barbie doll. At the time, I felt like I was the only one it the world that didn’t have one. Then there it was, on Christmas day, sitting on my nightstand. :woot:
  8. Hardest person to buy for? Men. Even DH.
  9. Easiest person to buy for? My sisters.
  10. Worst Christmas gift? A couple of years ago, my DH’s work gave a Christmas party, where everyone was supposed to bring gag gifts. It got a little raunchy, and I wished we hadn’t even gone. I must not have been the only one, because they’ve exchanged ornaments since.
  11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? [COLOR=green]Mail. [/COLOR]
  12. Favorite Christmas movie? How the Grinch stole Christmas. (the cartoon, not the movie)
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually starting in fall.
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, if I know someone who would enjoy it more than I would.
  15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Any sweets
  16. Clear or colored tree lights? Multi-colored
  17. Favorite Christmas Song? wow, too many to name.
  18. Travel during Christmas or stay home? [COLOR=green]Stay home.[/COLOR]
  19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer’s? [COLOR=green]Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, and Blitzen. [/COLOR]
  20. Angel or Star on Tree top? A big bow.
  21. Open presents on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve? Depends on our mood. It’s just DH, and me.
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Materialism Lexus comercials. Does anyone really give a car for Christmas?
  23. Bake at home or Buy? [COLOR=green]Homemade. [/COLOR]
  24. Lights outside? no
  25. Mistletoe? [COLOR=green]Nope. [/COLOR]
  2. Tree; Real or Artificial? fiber optic
  3. When do you put Christmas tree up? Usually the first weekend in December
  4. When do you take the tree down? Before Jan. 1
  5. Like eggnog? I love it, it hates me
  6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
  7. Favorite gift received as a child? the year my Mom made barbie doll clothes for each of us (3 girls) and we never once saw her do it, until she was knitting them little sweaters using toothpicks!
  8. Hardest person to buy for? DD, she is sooo picky
  9. Easiest person to buy for? DH, he is happy with anything which is why I want him to have the best
  10. Worst Christmas gift? don’t remember
  11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? e-mail
  12. Favorite Christmas movie? Miracle on 34th Street
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? whenever I’m not broke
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? no
  15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? my Mom’s cranberry orange relish (I would give anything I had to sit with her and eat it one more time)
  16. Clear or colored tree lights? red
  17. Favorite Christmas Song? Pretty Papers.
  18. Travel during Christmas or stay home? let them come to me, I do all the work!
  19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer’s? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer & Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner & Blitzen, and Rudolph
  21. Open presents on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve? Boxing Day, so they can all go to in-laws on christmas day and no one has to rush their celebrations
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? people who get drunk and pick fights which ruins everyone’s day
  24. Lights outside? no
  25. Mistletoe? sometimes
  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
    Both depending on how hard it is to wrap the gift
  2. Tree; Real or Artificial?
    Real
  3. When do you put Christmas tree up?
    the weekend after Thanksgiving
  4. When do you take the tree down?
    Jan 1st
  5. Like eggnog?
    nope
  6. Do you have a nativity scene?
    no
  7. Favorite gift received as a child?
    Clip clop, a horse suspended by springs at the four corners who you could ride and bounce on
  8. Hardest person to buy for?
    My mother
  9. Easiest person to buy for?
    my daughter
  10. Worst Christmas gift?
    I’ve never really gotten a bad one, odd, but not bad
  11. Mail or email a Christmas Card?
    hand deliver most, mail some
  12. Favorite Christmas movie?
    Rudolph
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
    When i have some cash
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
    Yes
  15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas?
    Yule log cake
  16. Clear or colored tree lights?
    clear
  17. Favorite Christmas Song?
    Snoopy vs. the read baron.
  18. Travel during Christmas or stay home?
    go across town to grandparents and parents
  19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer’s?
    Yup Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Prancer & Vixen
  20. Angel or Star on Tree top?
    sun
  21. Open presents on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve?
    Yule, for myself, my daughter and hubby Christmas day for the rest of the relatives
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
    people who forget there are other holidays going on at this time of year too
  23. Bake at home or Buy?
    bake
  24. Lights outside?
    no
  25. Mistletoe?
    real in the tree in our backyard, fake in the house

My mom put red lights on her tree while we were growing up! I never knew anyone else who chose red!

My Grams did too!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? [B]Both usually, but looking for something more sustainable for this year.[/B]
  2. Tree; Real or Artificial? [B]Artificial[/B]
  3. When do you put Christmas tree up? [B]Thanksgiving evening or the next day.[/B]
  4. When do you take the tree down? [B]Depends on when i have to go back to work. I only do a tree at mom’s so usually christmas night it has to come down. If it were at my house it would be after the wisemen come.[/B]
  5. Like eggnog? [B]not much[/B]
  6. Do you have a nativity scene? [B]Yes[/B]
  7. Favorite gift received as a child? [B]Stuffed dog named Homer. :slight_smile:
    [/B]8. Hardest person to buy for? [B]My Brother[/B]
  8. Easiest person to buy for? [B]Nephews and Nieces
    [/B]10. Worst Christmas gift? [B]Socket Wrench set.[/B]
  9. Mail or email a Christmas Card? [B]did a few but in general no. Decided they are bad for the environment.[/B]
  10. Favorite Christmas movie? [B]Muppet Christmas Carol[/B]
  11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? [B]When I get ideas as to what to buy.[/B]
  12. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? [B]Yup[/B]
  13. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? [B]Peanut butter balls[/B]
  14. Clear or colored tree lights? [B]clear[/B]
  15. Favorite Christmas Song? [B]Grown up Christmas List[/B]
  16. Travel during Christmas or stay home? [B]Go to Mom’s[/B]
  17. Can you name Santa’s reindeer’s? [B]yup[/B]
  18. Angel or Star on Tree top? [B]star[/B]
  19. Open presents on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve? [B]Both[/B]
  20. Most annoying thing about this time of year? [B]people whining about issues with Christmas that aren’t real issues.[/B]
  21. Bake at home or Buy? [B]Homemade[/B]
  22. Lights outside? [B]Yes[/B]
  23. Mistletoe? [B]nope[/B]
    [COLOR=Red] Both depending on how hard it is to wrap the gift

[/COLOR] 2. Tree; Real or Artificial?
[COLOR=Red]Artificial…after the two years of spiders we gave in. [/COLOR]:shock:

1. When do you put Christmas tree up?
    [COLOR=Red]The beginning of December

[/COLOR] 4. When do you take the tree down?
[COLOR=Red]No later than Jan 1st

[/COLOR] 5. Like eggnog?
[COLOR=Red]No

[/COLOR] 6. Do you have a nativity scene?
[COLOR=Red]Yes, but we don’t put it up.

[/COLOR] 7. Favorite gift received as a child?
[COLOR=Red]Don’t remember, maybe a Barbie

[/COLOR] 8. Hardest person to buy for?
[COLOR=Red]My parents

[/COLOR] 9. Easiest person to buy for?
[COLOR=Red]Myself :teehee: Okay, I guess my daughters

[/COLOR] 10. Worst Christmas gift?
[COLOR=Red]Don’t really remember a bad one

[/COLOR] 11. Mail or email a Christmas Card?
[COLOR=Red]Snail Mail

[/COLOR] 12. Favorite Christmas movie?
[COLOR=Red]Tough choice… I love the old classics like Holiday Inn, but like Grinch, Miracle on 34th street…
[/COLOR] 13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
[COLOR=Red]November usually

[/COLOR] 14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
[COLOR=Red]No

[/COLOR] 15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas?
[COLOR=Red]Can’t think of just one… :think:

[/COLOR] 16. Clear or colored tree lights?
[COLOR=Red] clear

[/COLOR] 17. Favorite Christmas Song?
[COLOR=Red]Again… so many choices… White Christmas, Jingle Bell Rock…
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]Family all lives nearby so mostly we stay here

[/COLOR] 19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer’s?
[COLOR=Red]Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donder and Blizten, but do you recallllllll the most famous reindeer of all… [/COLOR]:teehee:

1. Angel or Star on Tree top?
    [COLOR=Red]Soft sculpture angel I made years ago

[/COLOR] 21. Open presents on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve?
[COLOR=Red]When DH was working (firefighter) we often had to have it on Christmas Eve, now it’s usually Christmas morning

[/COLOR] 22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
[COLOR=Red]It’s just too busy!

[/COLOR] 23. Bake at home or Buy?
[COLOR=Red]Bake

[/COLOR] 24. Lights outside?
[COLOR=Red]yes

[/COLOR] 25. Mistletoe?
[COLOR=Red]Sometimes[/COLOR]

Paper

Real

Week before Christmas, usually Christmas Eve.

First week of January.

5. Like eggnog?
    Yes! Yummy!

No

7. Favourite gift received as a child?
    Not sure.

My brother.

Mom

Can’t remember ever getting a bad present.

Mail

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer (Claymation)

When I get inspiration.

No

Scotch Short Bread Cookies.

Colour

The Little Drummer Boy

Stay home but we usually go to my sisters for Christmas Dinner.

Yes…

Star

One on Christmas Eve, as a kid we got a new pair of pyjamas and a book (so we’d look good in all the pictures and have something to distract us when we woke up to early). The rest on Christmas Day.

Nothing

23. Bake at home or Buy?
    Bake

24. Lights outside?
    Sometimes

25. Mistletoe?
    no

Yay! You can be Scrooge and I’ll be the Grinch! :teehee:

2. Tree; Real or Artificial? Artificial (allergic to real)
  3. When do you put Christmas tree up? right after Thanksgiving
  4. When do you take the tree down? no set date - whenever I have time
  5. Like eggnog? The taste, yes, but I can only drink small quantities (even of the non-alcoholic versions)
  6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but it’s not up (yet) this year
  7. Favorite gift received as a child? I don’t remember.
  8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad
  9. Easiest person to buy for? my friend Sue
  10. Worst Christmas gift? towel
  11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? Mail
  12. Favorite Christmas movie? It’s a Wonderful Life
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? very very early, if I find something perfect for someone in January, I start in January.
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes
  15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? no favorite, though sweets are good.
  16. Clear or colored tree lights? colored
  17. Favorite Christmas Song? the carols - Adeste Fideles, Once in Royal David’s City, Silent Night, etc.
  18. Travel during Christmas or stay home? travel, sometimes to 2 or 3 places
  19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer’s? only if I recite the whole book
  21. Open presents on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve? I live by myself, so I open presents whenever I feel like it - maybe the week before, or one at a time, or I wait until Christmas Day; When I visit, I open presents whenever they do.
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? crowds in the stores - I can’t even get ice melt without fighting the crowds
  24. Lights outside? No
  25. Mistletoe? usually, though I have only my tree up so far this year

Ditto! I celebrate the Solstice. I’ve never been into Christmas because of all the things you “HAVE” to have and do. There’s just not enough time or money. So you’re rushed and frantic and on top of it all you’re supposed to be happy, and if you’re not into it all then you’re made to feel like there is something wrong with you.

Probably both if we had gifts to give this year

Artificial … I would feel bad about killing a tree just to decorate our living room

The weekend after the American Thanksgiving

Whenever we get around to it

5. Like eggnog?
    No, but Hubby loves it

No

7. Favorite gift received as a child?
    Don’t remember

My husband

My daughter

Don’t really remember a bad one

Both, depending on how we receive one

A Christmas Story, you know, the one about the boy wanting the BB gun

When and if I have money

Yes

Desserts

Multi coloured with different pattern settings

The Chipmunks Christmas song

Cant afford to travel this year but we will probably travel a bit next year

Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donder and Blizten, but do you recallllllll the most famous reindeer of all…

Star

Yule for our family, Christmas Day for Hubbys family and whatever day we can get there next year for my family

Like another knitting lady said, people forget about other holidays at this time. Consumerism and greed bother the heck out of me too

23. Bake at home or Buy?
    Bake

24. Lights outside?
    Maybe next year

25. Mistletoe?
    Nope

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? [COLOR=darkred]Both![/COLOR]

2. Tree; Real or Artificial? [COLOR=darkred]Artificial - asthma and allergies! [/COLOR]

3. When do you put Christmas tree up? [COLOR=darkred]After Dec 1. [/COLOR]

4. When do you take the tree down? [COLOR=darkred]As soon as Christmas is over! December 26 isn’t soon enough for me![/COLOR]

5. Like eggnog? [COLOR=darkred]Yes.[/COLOR]

6. Do you have a nativity scene? [COLOR=darkred]Does a hurricane lamp with the nativity scene etched in count? I want one of those Jim Shore nativity scenes!![/COLOR]

7. Favorite gift received as a child? [COLOR=darkred]Don’t really remember one.[/COLOR]

8. Hardest person to buy for? [COLOR=darkred]My in-laws.[/COLOR]

9. Easiest person to buy for? [COLOR=darkred]My mother. She just tells me what she wants! [/COLOR]

10. Worst Christmas gift? [COLOR=darkred]Can’t really think of one.[/COLOR]

11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? [COLOR=darkred]E-mail them - I hate the whole Christmas card thing. [/COLOR]

12. Favorite Christmas movie?[COLOR=darkred] How the Grinch Stole Christmas - the original one. [/COLOR]

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? [COLOR=darkred]Whenever I find time.[/COLOR]

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? [COLOR=darkred]No.[/COLOR]

15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? [COLOR=darkred]Ham.[/COLOR]

16. Clear or colored tree lights? [COLOR=darkred]We have clear because that’s what DH likes. I like any as long as they don’t blink. [/COLOR]

17. Favorite Christmas Song?[COLOR=darkred] O Holy Night.[/COLOR]

18. Travel during Christmas or stay home? [COLOR=darkred]Have to travel to visit family. [/COLOR]

19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer’s? [COLOR=darkred]“Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Prancer & Vixen” - Yea that. :)[/COLOR]

20. Angel or Star on Tree top? [COLOR=darkred]I have had angels and stars - right now I have a big plum bow.[/COLOR]

21. Open presents on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve? [COLOR=darkred]Christmas Day[/COLOR]

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? [COLOR=darkred]The whole month is overwhelming. [/COLOR]

23. Bake at home or Buy? [COLOR=darkred]Homemade[/COLOR]

24. Lights outside? [COLOR=darkred]I like them, but we don’t always put them up. [/COLOR]

25. Mistletoe? [COLOR=darkred]Sure![/COLOR]