Gedifra amana pattern

In my first post I forgot to mention that this pattern is found in the Gedifra Highlights 091 book. The Amara pattern is # 1353 page 22. I’ma having trouble with the neck chart. Doesn’t make sense to me. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Cynthia

So I would like to try to help but need more info. What is involved in making the ‘motif’? Is the pattern available online somewhere?
thanks

Thank you so much for trying to help. I wish I could show you the chart and wording in instructions. Anyway, I will try my best to explain.

I picked up 60 stitches around neck. On 1st wrong side row, I knit 29 stitches, cross middle 2 stitches, knit remainding 29.

2nd row instructions read, work 2-13( total amount of rows in chart and only worked once) as given. Work motif 10 times, the center 16 stitches, then 2nd motif 10 times.
The chart shows 8( 4 on each side), then center 16 stitches. I am left with 36 stitches and don’t know what to do with them. For instance, 2nd row in chart reads, 1 edge stitch, 1knit, prl 2 tog, … then the center 16 stitches start … prl. 2 tog.(3 times),k2 tog, slp 1 knitwise, k1, pass slipped st over, prl 2 tog.(3times)… this ends the 16 stiches. prl 2 tog., k 1 , edge st.
As you can see, there will be 36 stitches left over. Can you decipher this?

Cynthia

Hmmm…I’m new at knitting and i love a challenge.
Wonidering if the chart takes into account the size you have chosen for the garment? 36 being an even number, could it be that you need 8 + 9 on each side since you picked up 60 sts. I have also found that not all the instructions you need for one area, such as the neck of a sweater, are found in one place. Look at the whole pattern perhaps for other references to the neck of the garment.

There seems to be a file attachment button on this forum ‘Manage attachments’…if you have a pdf version of the pattern and chart, we can look at it together.

Sorry, you can’t post an entire pattern to the forum. Typing a few rows is okay, but the whole pattern would cause copyright problems for the site owners.

right, overzealous of me.

Cynthia,
In rows 2-13 are there any k2tog or other stitches purled together which in effect would reduce the number of total stitches?

The way I read this you would have 20 stitches left over if you do 1 edge stitch on both sides. If you were to increase the edge stitches by 10 each side, would that cause the centre 16 sts panel/motif to be out of alignment?