Garter Ridge


I’m a fairly new knitter and am working on a felted box from the Mason-Dixon Knitting book. The pattern directs you to
knit “garter ridge” sitches. This sounds like a dumb question,
but is this different than regular garter stich? The book assumes the reader knows what it is. Thanks! Cynthia

When you knit garter, you get the ridges automatically. Each purl-bump row is a ridge. They use it because it’s easier to count the ridges in garter than the rows. Each ridge is 2 rows.