Funny knitting dream

Last night I had a dream that I was helping my son work on his science fair project. His theme was “Why sheep don’t felt in the rain” and I was knitting him all these swatches so he could prove his point. Then I knit this monster bag which was supposed to be 100% feltable wool, but we kept washing it and washing it and it wouldn’t felt at all. Finally my son said that I needed to stop washing it in the rain because rain won’t felt sheep.

Somehow I just don’t think that my 9yo is all that interested in why sheep don’t felt, but it was a pretty funny dream.

:teehee::teehee:

Why sheep don’t felt in the rain :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

You know you’ve been knitting too much when…

That would be a fun project.:teehee:

Interesting! That’s actually a good question.

I LOVE your dream! How cool! Did you wake up chuckling? It sounds like you might be a bit stressed out about “back to school” though, lol.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:. And the symbolism behind this dream would be …?

:roflhard: What a funny dream!

In order for sheep to felt in the rain, wouldn’t they have to roll around and agitate their fleece?

<she asked, innocently> :eyes:

:chair: Isn’t the dream world interesting?

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: Funny dream! Funny image! :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

too funny! :rofl:

When I first started knitting, I was also reading Jurassic Park.

I had a dream one night that I was going to knit the Dino DNA and everyone told me it wouldn’t work.

Sure enough as I knit the DNA code was created. Then changed to an actual Dinosaur. By the end I had a giant Trex on the needles and I was trying desperately to finish knitting his tail, but he kept trying to eat me. I woke up when he bit my finger.

haha. :teehee:

I was thinking the same thing! Perhaps if they had an old pair of jeans to roll around on…but for some reason I don’t think the little sheepies would cooperate with that experiment.

I’m glad everyone else found it humorous. Not stressed about “back to school” as we homeschool so we are always “in school.” And we’ve never done a science fair and not sure if we every would, which makes it even funnier (to me.)

Of course this dream lead to a great conversation about matted wool as we had just seen a dog on the streets who had very matted fur. I’m wondering now if some of the sheep’s wool would get matted/felted but it is just cut out or processed out someway