Front to back or back to front when picking up horizontal thread?

Hello again! I am unsure of how to do the following stitches (Ws of work): ‘insert right needle under horizontal thread in front of next stitch and ktog horizontal thread and next st, k1; repeat’.
The row above (Rs) was done with alternating ‘k1, k1b’ stitches, which I managed successfully!
Question: On the Ws, Should I be inserting my right needle from back to front or front to back?! I feel like there is probably a name for this stitch but on YouTube, the k1b tutorials I’ve found don’t mention this pattern for the Ws of the work. Thanks for any assistance!!

Can you give us a pattern name or a link? Don’t post large portions of the pattern because of copyrights, please.

Unfortunately it is not a free pattern. Link to a visual is: https://www.yarn.com/products/lana-grossa-design-03-pullover-kit-in-linea-pura-solo-lino-1 It is a four row repeat mesh pattern, which basically consists of the stitches I’ve mentioned ie. k1, k1b ,rep and the next row is ‘insert right needle under horizontal thread in front of next st and ktog horizontal thread and next st, k1, rep.’ I’ve been picking up the horizontal thread made by the k1b from front to back, placing it onto left needle and knitting it and the stitch under it (also made from k1b) but I’m not sure that is correct. It doesn’t look like the picture! Thanks for the reply. K

I’m not going to be much help. My best thought is to pick up the stitch from back to front and knit it together with the next stitch on the needle.
When you say the horizontal thread made by the k1b, do you mean the strand connecting the k1b and the k1 from the previous row? It seems to me that that’s the strand you want to pick up.
Also, I’m not sure if you’re knitting the strand together with the next stitch or with a stitch below? Seems like the strand should be knit together with the next stitch on the left needle.
Link is great. I was only hoping for a photo.

Sorry I didn’t reply, I finally took the sweater into my local knitting store. I finally got going on it but have put it aside for winter projects! Hopefully I’ll remember what I was doing when I pick it up again. I appreciate your response, you are always very helpful.

1 Like