from rows to joining round - help?

Hi. I’m looking for help regarding going from working flat to joining rounds. My pattern ended on a WS row and now asks to join in the round on RS, but when joining what is facing me is the WS - is this how joining rounds works? Am I looking at the WS - will my pattern be backwards??

Also,for the following instructions, am I joining the round in the middle of a row?

Here is the instructions:
Joining rnds (RS): k2, m1L, k to 1 st before marker, m1R, k1, sm, k1, m1L, rep three more times, k to 2 sts before the end, m1R, k2, do not turn work but continue as follows: using Backwards Loop method CO 10 (12, 14, 14, 12) sts and join for working in the round. Knit one rnd to end of CO sts (where you joined the front), k1 and break yarn. Now slip front sts from RH needle to LH needle. Keep slipping until m (right front shoulder) and you will attach new strand of yarn there. This will be your BOR marker now.

thank you to anyone who can help me :):slight_smile:

If you ended having worked the WS row, you’re ready to turn so that the RS is now facing you and the working yarn is coming off the end of the left hand needle. Follow the directions for the row, work to 2 sts before the end, m1R, k2 as given in the instructions and then cast on the sts called for in your size. Do not turn but keep the RS facing. The working yarn is coming off the right hand needle at the end of the newly cast on sts.
Now comes the join. Knit across the first sts of the row, that is the k1, m1L, knit to … of the previous row. That’ll keep the RS facing and you’ll be knitting a tube. Continue to knit the round as given in the instructions.
What is the name of the pattern you are following?

Oh this makes a little more sense. So, as a general rule, when knitting in the round, the RS should be facing you, correct?

In general, yes that’s correct.
Enjoy working on your project. We’d love to see a photo when you finish.

[Of course you can flip your knitting so that you knit on the inside of the tube (although still knitting the RS pattern) but don’t even think about that right now.]

lol thank you :slight_smile: