Fringie Mat Blanket

!

Welcome to Knitting Help!

We really can’t see anything. It just looks like a pile of yarn hanging over the edge of a bucket. Do you have a better photo?

Also… your photo is too large. Please click the link in my signature to see appropriate sizes for the forum. Thanks.

Not that you can see it, but since you’re calling it a blanket, I imagine there must be a blanket inside the ‘container’ the baby is sitting in that is either too small to extend over the edges or is layed inside so that it won’t extend over the edges.

So you could just knit a blanket to the size of your preference and then tie lots and lots and then lots more very long fringe all around the sides of it.

In fact, if you’re not a knitter, you could use any blanket you can find in the size you want and tie the fringe to it.
Here’s a simple tutorial how to tie fringe: http://www.ehow.com/how_2226277_add-fringe-scarf.html

Thanks so much for your help!! I have figured out!

The blanket reminds me of a scarf I am trying to figure out. I don’t believe it is knitted, but hand tied. Does anyone know how this is done?

Was wondering if you would share your information on how to do the fringie blanket???