FO: Vintage Bubble Bag

“Pursenalities 20 Great Knitted and Felted Bags " by Eva Wiechmann
Vintage Bubble Bag page 14
WOTA one strand Mist, one strand Tulip held together
Fnished size : 9” (with the bottom flat) x 13 at the widest part
Opening 10" … bottom 5" across

I really like the shape and size of this bag. I am going to make one using “real handles” and a clasp of some kind. I am too careless to carry a purse that does not close … so … it is my new knitting bag !

[color=grey][size=2]The Mod Squad was here - Photo Resized[/size][/color]

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Oh, that is lovely! I love those two colors together–nice depth!

:cheering: :cheering:

Sooooo pretty!! I love those colors together! :cheering:

That looks fantastic! Great idea to hold two different shade together :cheering:

That looks wonderful–beautiful colors and fantastic shape.!!

I :heart: the colors!

:happydance: Great job love the colors :thumbsup:

I :heart: the colors you used! I’m going to start my vintage bubble bag this week and I was thinking about those purpley pink colors. But, my friends at my LYS (our little Saturday knitting group) talked me into black with jewel tones. Hmmm. I might have to make another.

:inlove: oooooooooooh!!! yummy!!! I :heart: that pattern and have fallen in love with every FO I’ve seen! you did the strap join VERY nicely!!! Brava!!! :thumbsup: :heart:

:waving: Thanks, everyone! Jille … It is a very quick knit, you will be working on another one in no time!

Excellent! How did you get it to shape so well?!

I love it!!! Good job!!! :happydance:

great job–I love your color choices!

Oh my gosh! That is so pretty!! I must make one. How many skeins of each color did it take??

sidenote to Kelly K…when I read “teaching a dog to use the toilet is hard…” I thought it said, “teaching a CLOG to use the toilet is hard…” I had just been reading the clog thread, so I guess it was on my mind and yesiree, a clog using the toilet would really be something.

kimmie

Gorgeous!!

The bag is a cutie. Lovin the shape too :cheering:

Ronda, I used bath towels inside of the bag to block it … It really felted
well and the bottom shaped nicely on its own … I did have to pull and “poke out” a bit where the top decreased and needle size changed, but it stayed “where I put it”. When I attached the handles, I whipstitched the edges and then went back and forth some … knowing I would be very hard on them . They felted almost like they had been “knit on”.

Kimmie, I used left over WOTA that I purchased for Christmas gift hats and slippers… I THINK … it took … three full skeins of each color and then a little more for the handles. I don’t have the pattern with me, but will check the yardage this evening. I just kept going back to the bin and getting another skein when I needed it. I am working on one now using only one strand of WOTA and a strand of gray, probably fingering weight that I got a CONE of on ebay. The “fabric” will not be as heavy as the one with two strands of WOTA… but I am hoping the shape will be as good. I wish I had kept better track…

Follow Ingrids advice … TRUST THE PATTERN!! That is what really made it’s shape so pretty.

Very pretty!! I’ve made one as a gift, but I need to make one for myself soon!! Love the colors!