FO: Two New Extra Large Dishcloths

These are two new extra large dishcloths I have worked on for the past month:

Cornflower%20Dishcloth%20Extra%20Large Moondance%20Dishcloth%20Extra%20Large

I really enjoyed making these, and I am proud to show them to all of you here.

Both lovely, but I particularly like the pooling in the bottom photo - very pretty :grinning:

Thank you! :smiley:

Beautifully done! The patterns and planned pooling are exceptional.

Thank you! I used Lily Sugar ‘N’ Cream Super Size Moondance yarn for the second dishcloth. I did notice the pretty effects the yarn makes within the dishcloth, although I had never heard of the word pooling until now.

I have always liked Moondance yarn due to its colors and the patterns it makes. However, I had never used it for an extra large dishcloth before now, so I decided to use it for one. I love the results.

Has anyone else on here ever used Lily Sugar ‘N’ Cream Moondance yarn in projects? If so, what was your experience?

You really should look at the planned pooling. It’s amazing what one or two stitches can do to give you a completely different pattern. It will only work if you have yarn that has lengths of different colours like 15inches - 30 inches ie it will not work if there are only 2 - 3 inches or 10 - 20 cm. You will see what I mean when you start playing with the number of stitches you are working with.

Thank you for the advice! :slight_smile:

Nice!

What is the stitch pattern, please? Love your work. Thanks! DRM

The pattern is named Simple Weave, and it is from the Nifty Knit Dishcloths book. You can find it at your local craft store, and it can also be found on Ravelry: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/simple-weave-dishcloth.

Also, you’re welcome, and thank you! :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!