FO - summer hat

this is a quick summer hat i knit up with some yarn i found on clearance at my lys - the yarn is a pima cotton/tencel blend, and it was knit in the round on size 6 needles.

i had to model it on a little ceramic house, hence the lumpiness - it looks much better on a head, but i haven’t yet mastered the art of photographing myself in the mirror…

Very cool!

I love this!! Is it your pattern? If not, where did you find it? I have to wear hats in the sun, and would love to make one for me.

Very cute summer hat and great color!

the pattern can be found in knit1 magazine’s spring 2007 issue - it was really easy!

That would be a great brimmed hat to avoid sun overexposure, and the cabling is such a nice details! Nice bright color choice, too - great work! :thumbsup:

That’s a neat hat! I like how bright it is.

thanks again - i liked the color as well - only two balls in the clearance bin, which is probably a good thing - not sure how great i’d look in a vast swath of a sweater of blazing orange!

It’s wonderful! Love the color. I just made that hat last week for a friend’s daughter who’s undergoing chemo.

How’d you attach the i-cord?

just whipstitched it on - tried to go as loosely as possible, because i found the i-cord greatly minimizes the hat’s ability to stretch over a noggin.

That’s what I did as well. Yours looks great!

Cute hat~thanks for sharing.

Does the pattern have a toddler size?

That makes a nice summer hat. The color is sunny, just right for summer.