FO - Slouched Tuva Hat #2 - A Smaller Version

So, I just finished my second Slouched Tuva Hat. The reason why I made another was because I needed to get one that was a little smaller. My original one (posted on this forum) turned out a wee bit too big, so I went down to a size 6 needle (as opposed to the original 8’s I used). I still cast on the same number of stitches.

Lo and behold, the hat turned out perfectly! It’s a GREAT fit!!

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

I completed four rounds of ribbing before working 11 pattern repeats. Then, I began the decreases. I just love the way the pattern is maintained throughout the decreases!!

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

For fun, I took a picture of both hats so you can compare the sizes…

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

The bottom one is the one I made on the smaller needles. You can see that it is more narrow.

I used 75 grams of Caron Simply Soft in Autumn Red. I love this color!!

I’ll be taking both hats to my daughter’s soccer games this weekend. I’ll let her teammate, the gal I made it for, select the one that is the best fit. If she chooses the smaller one, I’ll frog the larger and re-knit it for me. :wink:

Thanks for looking! :muah:

Love both hats, and the color is gorgeous! The head is on is also very pretty…all those curls!

:aww:

So pretty! Love that color!!! :inlove:

Tres cute, Nathalie!

LOVE it! I agree, that’s a beautiful color!

This is so nice! I’ve just GOT TO get with it and make one for moi!

Great job! Love love love the color!!!

So beautiful. She’ll love it.

Just an update…

Took both hats to the soccer games we had last weekend. The giftee selected the smaller hat. She loves it! I was pleased and have already frogged the bigger one. I am anxious to get it re-knit into my own slouchy hat!!

Thanks again, all!!

:muah: