FO: short snort tank in ladder yarn

Here are a few pictures of my daughter’s finished Short Snort Tank. The pattern is by Wendy from Knit and Tonic. My daughter Marie wore this today to Artsplosure (outdoor artwork displays, music, and food). Suprisingly, the 100% nylon ladder yarn didn’t seem to bother her! My husband thinks that the colors remind him of Fruity Pebbles. :rollseyes:

Yarn: ~1.25 skeins of KP Sparkles Sunset ladder yarn
Gauge: 5 sts=1 in
Needles: US 7 16" circulars
Metal Ring: WalMart 26 cents (craft section near purse handles and straps)

Sooo cute!! Both your daughter and the tank top :wink: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:
Beautiful!

(nice tank too!)

What a cutie - your DD that is! :smiley: And she’s soooo stylin’ in her hip tank! :thumbsup:

:smiley: Absolutely adorable :thumbsup: Both your dd & her too cute tank :wink:

That top is too cute! Great job! :thumbsup:
Your DD is precious! :heart:

How adorable she looks in that top!
Great job!
:thumbsup:

Your DD is gorgeous! Nice work on the tank as well.

Awesome job on the tank, though I guess you have to give DH 1/2 the credit for your beautiful little girl :lol:

The tank looks great!! Your daughter is just so adorable!

Very cute! (It does look like fruity pebbles!)

Adorable!

Awwwwwwwwwwww! What a stylish little chick :happydance: Great top, she looks adorable in it :smiley:

Jackie! It looks great! Just yesterday I was wondering how yours was going.

What size did you make? Mine is coming along, I really love the way the colors are coming out.

And my girls just oohed and aahhed over Marie! What a darling.

Your dd is adorable! And, the tank top is cute too!

Hi Candace :smiley: ,

Thank you! I ended up changing the pattern slightly to make it a little bit smaller. I cast on 100 sts and then followed the directions from there for the smallest size until I got to the front and back BOs. Instead of 50 sts, I BO 44 for each.

OMGoodness… my clock just skipped a tick she’s so cute
and that HIP lil top… sooo soooo cute!

good job (on all accounts)!
:wink:

oh goodness, how could you not melt at those pictures! lovely knitting the little ring is oh so chic too. its just lovely!

I :heart: it! Is that a two inch ring? and how long did you make the straps?

I used a 2-inch ring. You could actually go smaller, say 1.75", for smaller sizes. As for the strap length, I don’t have the tank handy but I think they’re maybe 6" :thinking: not including the extra length that wraps around the ring. What I did was occasionally try the tank on my daughter while knitting the straps to get the perfect length, then knit almost an inch longer.