FO - Rick Rack Purse - Updated with lining instructions

I’ve just finished this Rick Rack purse from the Knit Picks pattern.

I used WOTA (double stranded) on size 10.5 needles in Tulip (The bumper and handle colour) and Hush.

I made a slight boo boo though by washing it at 90 degrees to get a better felt - which resulted in the Hush going a little patchy! :doh:

I also decided to line it and after a lot of trial and error this morning have finally worked out how to get the bottom of the lining to match the bottom of the bag!

I really like the finished result and I’m going to be making more of these to give as Christmas gifts to my two SILs and maybe some other family members too.

Very cute! The lining is a great match for the yarn colors.

Mama Bear

:cheering: :cheering:

More Rick Rack lovers!!!

It looks wonderful! I love the lining and the ribbon!

I love the colors you chose and the lining is wonderful! I really want to get around to trying this purse!! Great job!

Thanks guys :heart:

This is a really fun purse to knit - and it is very sturdy - it stands up by itself which I feel is essential for a bag! I would say the pattern is definitely worth paying for.

I learnt how to do an i-cord bind off, kitchener stitch and a six stitch i-cord with this project - thank goodness for KH and Amy’s fantabulous videos. I couldn’t have done it without them!!! So [color=red][size=6]THANK YOU AMY[/size][/color] :smiley: :heart: :smiley:

I’m just planning the colours for my next one - thinking of Hollyberry and Spruce for one of my SILs. Can’t decide which way to do it though - maybe the bag in Hollyberry and the handles in Spruce - I think she’s a “red-ish” person.

How much yarn does it take to make this purse? I want to order the pattern and the yarn at the same time, but it doesn’t say. Thanks, Sherry

oh - that’s cute!

love the colors.

:cheering: :cheering: It’s beautiful :cheering: :cheering: I must have one :wink:

If you use WOTA you will need 3 balls of the main colour and 2 balls of the contrast colour (ie handles etc) for the smaller bag - if you want to make the taller bag you will need 4 balls of the main colour and 2 of the contrast (I ended up with probably about 1/2 to 2/3rds of a ball of the contrast colour left over when I made the small bag). You have to double strand if you use WOTA.

If you use Sierra then you only single strand and the amounts required are 2 main and 1 contrast for both bags. (ETA - that is each bag requires 2 and 1 balls of wool - not 3 balls total for 2 bags! But you knew that didn’t you? - Just thought I’d better clarify!)

P.S - sorry to blow my own trumpet but I just showed DH my bag and he was very impressed - he said “it looks so professional” - Bless him!

I don’t see anything patchy! I think it looks awesome! This is on my list for next order at KP!

:roflhard: :roflhard:
I say blow it all you want!! You did an awesome job!!! :inlove:

Thank you for the yarn amounts, Now I have to make one. Yours is grogeous. Sherry

:heart: :heart:

Beautiful! Those colors are just to die for and the liner works just perfectly! Way to go!

Awww! That is so cute! :heart:

I love it! You did a beautiful and those colors are wonderful together! :cheering:

Wow that is amazing! If I were in a shop and saw that, I would buy it! No joke! Well done!!!

Absolutely LOVELY!! :cheering: :cheering:

Sooooooooo absolutely adorable!

Wonderful work! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Someday I hope to make one too.

I so love it! I am thinking I will need to make a dark brown one with a light blue trim.

How hard was it to put the lining in? Any tips on that?