FO-Pumpkin UPDATE -Pattern in post #43

I don’t have the pattern ready yet, but when I do I’ll let everyone know.

It’s not hard, but if you are a new knitter it might be a little tougher. I’d recommend you get a little experience under your belt first. It’s knit in the round - I used two circs, but magic loop or DPNs are fine - It also has decreases and increases, uses an i-cord for the stem and then the leaf which is a series of increases and decreases as well.

Cute, nice job.

love it!!! Thanks for offering to share the pattern when you get it done - can’t wait!

[FONT=“Comic Sans MS”][COLOR="#300090"]Or are you saving that for the advanced variations class? :slight_smile:

No really, Jan, well done! :thumbsup: I also want that pattern and since I’ll need plenty of time and halloween is just around the corner, can you please put a rush on it? :wink:

If I start today, I might finish in time to wrap it up as a Christmas gift. :roflhard:

So, if you were to add a face, would you use stranding, fair isle, or intarcia? :waving:

–Jack[/COLOR][/FONT]

Jack! :roflhard:

I will try to have it ready in the next few days. I was thinking of adding a face to one, but decided the face would look better w/o the leaf attached. So next one. I will just add the face with no special technique. After all pumpkins often look wonky so why make it perfect? :lol: You could of course use any method you choose though. :wink:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=purple]I just made one for a swap like this one…[/COLOR][/FONT]

http://www.curlypurly.com/pumpkin.html

It’s cute, but I didn’t care for that pattern for two reasons-

1. Because of the way it’s done you can’t enlarge it easily or the bottom and top won’t close.
  2. She has too many rules about using her pattern. I won’t elaborate, but if you read them you’ll see what I mean.

Jan, LOL about us being good for your ego, heck that’s what we are here for. Seriously that is a really cute pattern and it is an accomplishment to have designed it yourself so you deserve the kudos!

That really is the best pumpkin I have ever seen. This time of year I am always sort of looking at pumpkin patterns but like you, didn’t ever really like them. THANKS for sharing, can’t wait for the pattern!!!

That is [U]pretty[/U]. Very nice job.

Our Jan , The Designer :slight_smile: I love the pumpkin Jan . I will make one for sure :slight_smile:

Beautiful! :notworthy:

I love it!

That is adorable - your work is always amazing… :muah:

what a great pumpkin!!

I agree! I like this so much better than the other patterns I’ve seen.

how adorable!

I just love this too! It’s adorable and perfect for this time of year. You should design more patterns - you definitely seem to have a knack for it. I’m anxiously awaiting the pattern for this one as well. :teehee:

I love this so much I could eat it.

!

Another pumpkin, this one with a curl. The pattern is done (and I hope it’s all correct) and as soon as I figure out how to add it to Rav or upload it I will.