FO: "Posey" Cardigan for Granddaughter!

Hi! :waving:

Well, this past 3 weeks I shoulda been seaming my BORGHILD Viking Knits Cardigan, but I was too sick to seam. Not in the mood. No patience.

So I dug around in my Stash Yarn, and came up with 12 little girls’ patterns and yarn to go with each! Fiona and Laila will get six sweaters each.

Here is the first sweater done, for Fiona, aged 8. Knit using six skeins of Rowan All Seasons Cotton. Six glass-like barrel buttons.
Knit all in one piece up to the armholes, so there was minimal seaming. Allowing for the flower motif in the decreasing areas was tricky…so this “easy” sweater turned out to be a bit of a head-banger! I found myself tinking and frogging a lot. Just had to get it right. :shrug:

Leisure Arts Leaflet #3971 “Knits for Kids” by Judy Lamb.

Beautiful work! I’m sure she will look adorable in it.

That is so pretty! I’d like one like that for myself!

:::::::::::::::::::sigh:::::::::::::::::::

Wonderful work, as usual. I can only hope that by the time I have grandchildren, I will be as good a knitter as you. If not, then I’m commissioning you to do it for me. :thumbsup:

You rock, ArtLady! Those girls better treat you real good! They don’t know how good they’ve got it.

P.S. I hope you’re feeling better. :hug:

Wow that’s beautiful!!

Mongo like! :thumbsup:

Lovely, ArtLady. Definitely worth a little brain cell wrestling.
Katrina

That’s adorable! I wish I had someone to knit me awesome sweaters [starts sobbing].

I really like that one!:cheering: I just became a grandmother again! She is 16 days old and beautiful…Bailey Lynn.
I have knit her 2 sweaters and have number 3… 1/2 way done!
She is grandchild number 4… I now have 2 granddaughters and 2 grandsons! Aren’t they wonderful!cloud9

Would you happen to know of a pattern for a little girl shrug (size 6-6x) Something easy and in a cotton/cotton blend. They live in Okinowa Japan, it gets cool there this time of year, but not cold.

You don’t say why you are sick, but I hope you don’t have the stomach virus I had 4 weeks ago! :ick: It took me 9 days to get over it and thank God I did, because I had to fly to CA to meet the newest granddaughter and I couldn’t be sick!
I hope you feel better!!!:pray:

Jen

Just beautiful !!! Lovely work :slight_smile:

Absolutely adoreable…Your work never ceases to amaze me.

What a wonderful sweater! :heart:

Very pretty! You are so fast!!

:happydance: she will love it…great job!!

adorable! I’m sorry to hear you were sick. I totally want to be adopted by you. I have 2 girls you can knit for too! ha!

How do you do it?:noway:

I do not know how you do so much, and it ALWAYS looks gorgeous. Seriously…I am going to have to go back to my theory of knitting elves. You have a set of knitting elves living in your house, don’t you?:wink:

Very pretty!

Yes I do! I am making this “Tunefulrap” capelet for a little girl at our church! It is a free pattern available by PDF download at KnittingPatternCentral. I hope this direct LINK will take to you the pattern. I found it under FREE PATTERNS, PONCHOS.

You’re grand daughters are the best-dressed little girls in town!:hug:

Ingrid! Hi! :waving:

I remember their baby showers! We knew the girl-or-boy thing…so no guessing. I made my daughters a set of 7 sweaters in different sizes for the showers! Oh, I just went to town! It was so much fun, and…baby/toddler things are so quick! Not like that BORGHILD thing I am still trying to finish up! :hair: