I had a ball of RH With Love in Mango and started the project, realized I wouldn’t have enough to finish and found some RH Pound of Love Beige to use with it. The black for the pocket finish/dog collar is some sort of shiny acrylic that has been hanging around. The brown for duplicate stitch for eyes and noses is Wintuk Sport Yarn in brown, no fancy name. :shock: Definitely vintage stuff.
This was my first real experience with duplicate stitch which is easy. It’s also easy for me to mess up and then hard to remove when I’ve managed to split yarn in several places. I thought I was done last night and realized that somehow, some way I had the face of one dog on the wrong side of the pocket. That was after I had woven in ends on it. :doh: The duplicate stitch did not want to be removed. I tossed it aside and got up this morning and was able to finish it fairly quickly. :blooby:
This pattern that my granddaughter liked is what inspired me to do this project. Dachshund Scarf Next time I’ll know what I’m doing and make a better one.
She’s 16 today and can now go get her driver’s license, she’s already passed the test. I had to finish so she can have it after school. I tucked money into one of the pockets too. Even if she doesn’t like the scarf I think she’ll like the ca$h.
If anyone wants to know how I made the thing, just ask. I will also offer tips on what I will do differently next time.
Thanks for taking a peek!