FO: Osnabruecker Muster (Lace socks)

Although I love this pattern, I’m not very happy with these socks. I really dislike the yarn. It’s Cascade Heritage in color 5618, and the pattern is Osnabruecker-Muster (a free Ravelry download.) This is the second project I’ve tried with this yarn, and it’s just not enjoyable to knit with. It has very little elasticity, which is important for socks. And it’s not soft and cushy like the other Cascade yarns I’ve used. The socks came out loose and stretchy. I started them while on vacation, and put them aside for several weeks when I returned, so they were on the needles a long time, but they really do knit up pretty quickly. Next time I make these I’ll use a nicer yarn.

Well they look beautiful! :thumbsup: Too bad about the yarn. I know how frustrating a bad yarn experience can be.

They sure are pretty socks!

BTW, did you see the fingerless gloves that someone finished from this chart? Also pretty.

[I][B]Well, they LOOK GREAT! [/B][/I]

But I know whatcha mean about knitting with yarn that isn’t up to your standards and expectations!

Ooh, that does sound pretty. Do you have a link?

Wow - they sure turned out beautiful!! What a disappointment about the yarn though.

its so nice n beautiful color

the stitch pattern is amazing!:muah:

Those ARE beautiful!

Its too bad you aren’t happy with the yarn cause they look great, cute pattern and nice fit! Great job!

That stinks about the yarn, but those socks are just gorgeous :thumbsup:

What everyone else said, I’d love to see gloves made with this lace pattern.

If the yarn is uncomfortable, you can always frame them as a ‘thing(s) of beauty’.

That is a lovely pattern stitch. I’ve have to mosey over to Ravelry and look at the chart.

The socks look great. You said,

It has very little elasticity, which is important for socks. And it’s not soft and cushy like the other Cascade yarns I’ve used. The socks came out loose and stretchy.
Stretchy sounds sort of like elasticity. But no, huh?

Thanks for sharing them anyway. They look very nice. :thumbsup:

Well, to me “elasticity” means it stretches out and then returns to the original shape. “Stretchy” means it just gets bigger, doesn’t return to the original shape.

I get it. Thanks.

So pretty!! :heart:

The socks look fabulous! Too bad the yarn wasn’t.