FO: Not So Baby Yoda Sweater (& hat)

I can’t believe I finished this project and it actually turned out to look like it was supposed to!

This is a Not So Baby Yoda sweater, from Soozs Big Adventure blog. I used CottonTots yarn and it took slightly less than 2 skeins.

I totally did something wrong with the moss stitch cuffs along the bottom edges and left hand arm… it was my first time doing moss stitch, and I assumed I was doing it correctly… until I did the left hand arm cuff and realized that it was the only one I did right! Do you think I could figure out what I did wrong in order to do that one wrong also (so they’d at least all match in their wrong-ness)? Not for the life of me LOL I guess no one will notice, anyway LOL

The hat is a Two-Needle Baby Hat from straw dot com. It took a little more than half a skein of the same yarn using the same 4.5mm needles.

And on my little model (my youngest son, Corban, 7mos)

Thanks for looking!

Great job and cute model! :slight_smile:

Cute set and baby!

to my eye, it looks like you might have done ribbing instead of moss in those places - the difference is basically, if you want moss, after the first row/round, you purl the knits, and knit the purls as you see them, where for ribbing you knit the knits and purl the purls.

But if you hadn’t mentioned it, I never would have noticed, I had to look to see what you were talking about!! :slight_smile:

Adorable!

Yep, it looks like you ribbed one cuff to me, too.

Oh Baby! How cute is that! Your little one is adorable, and I don’t think she’ll mind the cuffs, all that much, you did a good job.

The set is adorable, and the picture of your son made my whole face light up. He’s so cute!!

The yoda sweater and hat are adorable and I agree that I wouldn’t have noticed the oops if I weren’t looking. I also agree that what you did was rib one cuff and did moss stitch on the other. I’ve done that before too.

Holey Moley that is cute!! and what an adorable little guy you have!!

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Aaaawwwww, he looks so cute in it!
Looks wonderful… good job!
TEMA

To Knit or not to Knit, that is the question.
:knitting: [/COLOR]

Angie! You’re a real ace of a knitter! This little set is exquisite!
I love the pattern, and I love the color! Very classy!

Darling baby, too!!! :hug:

Thanks so much everyone! I’m really happy with how it turned out.

Thanks! I don’t feel like an “ace” LOL A bunch of ladies here deserve credit for this sweater, too, for answering my questions when I got stuck.

About the colour, it was surprisingly difficult to find a neutral coloured yarn that was soft enough (by my standards, anyway) for a baby. Everything that wasn’t that skinny baby yarn, that was soft like I wanted was in “baby” pastel colours. I was thrilled when I found this stuff.

aww what a cutie he is!! Great job on the sweater and hat :yay:

Very cute little sweater and hat set. I love your yarn, it looks so right for this pattern. Corban is a doll in it. He has such big, dark eyes. It doesn’t matter about the cuffs. They’ll work fine and look okay too.